Cigar store indian

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kyle Weiss":kscc6vm8 said:
So, what you're sayin' is you wanna carve your own Wooden Injun.
Indeed I am, me lad. I want to get back to my roots. I am one-sixteenth Cherokee, allegedly. What's more authentic than a caricature used for advertising purposes? ;)

Simple Man, above, thanks for the advice on fuel for the endeavor. My chance of using it is about 100%. Seriously, I think I may have located a book about it at a high-class woodworking shop/store near here. Reading it may pop my balloon. Then again, maybe not.

IF you treat a piece of wood with PEG it will seal it up pretty well and kind of impregnate the pores and cells of the wood, keeping it from splitting, or drastically reducing it.

There's safer alternatives than a chain saw - the Lancelot carving tool emulates that but you have way more control.

At some point, it's gouges and a mallet. :cheers:

These guys sell all this crap.

http://www.leevalley.com/en/

HMM I don't see the PEG listed anymore... must not have been selling well. http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?page=686

6742841987_33a445896b.jpg

My neighbor carved an Easter Island Head for this backyard. It turned out really cool. I'd love to do something like that one day. I asked him how he did it, and he said he first used a chainsaw, and then just tools he had. I'll have to get more clarification before I ever attempt the thing. If I see my friend Willie around, I'll ask him for you.

Richard Burley":qg05abmf said:
Indeed I am, me lad. I want to get back to my roots. I am one-sixteenth Cherokee, allegedly. What's more authentic than a caricature used for advertising purposes? ;)
As other Natives always say, "Everyone's Cherokee."

Interestingly, have family on the Rez on the TN/NC border; got a good slice 'o' savage in me, too. Mostly meth heads and drunks.

You could do a modern-day wood Indian, with a big bottle full of rot-gut, a crappy revolver, an eight-ball of tweak and a government check in his back pocket. :lol:

8)

Kyle Weiss":8pvkvj5b said:
Richard Burley":8pvkvj5b said:
As other Natives always say, "Everyone's Cherokee."

Interestingly, have family on the Rez on the TN/NC border; got a good slice 'o' savage in me, too. Mostly meth heads and drunks.

You could do a modern-day wood Indian, with a big bottle full of rot-gut, a crappy revolver, an eight-ball of tweak and a government check in his back pocket. :lol:

8)
Kyle, you ain't right! But you ain't wrong either! :lol:

Dutch":c5uergi8 said:
Funny, that particular phrase comes to my attention a lot. :p

:lol:

8)

Kyle Weiss":jps35us6 said:
Dutch":jps35us6 said:
Funny, that particular phrase comes to my attention a lot. :p

:lol: