Cold Enough for ya Yet?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RDPipes

Mental Illness is a Terrible thing to Waste!
Reaction score
I woke to 17 degrees with a breeze here in E.Texas, certainly cut my morning smoke time down.
I reckon it's time for long handles and Carharts my friends.  :santa: 

Strange winter so far. Here in Northen California we had december temps that dropped into the mid 20's at night and never warmed past the mid 40's during the day. I know this pales in comparison to what many of you are experiencing elsewhere, but it's very odd for this region. Now it's January and we're walking around in T shirts with 70 degree sunny afternoons. Again, very strange. Our snowpack up in the Sierras, the source for our annual water supply, is at 8% of normal and the lake, 4th largest in the state, looks like a mud puddle. Not good.

We are now at 16 w/12mph North wind gives us a current wind chill around 6 degrees F. ! I'm thinking of brushing up on my Spanish if we are gonna get more winters like this !  :twisted: 

I woke up to -10 F and 25 mph winds. It is cold.

"In addition, all counties in our District have declared red travel warnings, advising roads are closed to all but emergency personnel. Heavy snow, blowing and drifting snow, and sub zero temperatures should be expected on all roadways."

Here in NE Ohio, we're looking at possible sub-zero temps in the next 24 hours...

currently 9 degrees with an estimated wind chill of -9 and snowing.

School's closed, day care is closed, wife took a personal day and is staying home with the kids.

Weird winter for sure.

It's been single digits/near zero with wind chill well below zero lately here on the Maine coast, and this morning, we have fog, light rain and 49 F.  Odd to say the least.

Here in Tallahassee...it was 70 degrees at 3AM, at 10:30 AM it is now 40 degrees and dropping to 19 degrees tonight.

Weather doesn't seem to know what it wants to do.

70 degrees!!! :affraid: I'd be happy see'en 50's right now and I don't even want to talk single digit temps. Judas Priest! What happen to Global Warning?  :lol!: 

E68BBCB6-EE3F-421A-8E99-0E7C59C4A974_zpst5hhc2qy.png

It's 35 right now, and that will likely be the high for the next 66 hours or so. Predictions of 7-10 tonight; I don't think I've personally been in single digit weather since 1987, when I spent a year teaching Cortland, NY! Stay warm, all those affected by this!

Rob_In_MO":nbucpt9k said:
Woke up to -8 and today's high was only 3-deg F.  Not much compared to some of you Brothers up north, but very unusual for this area...
Yeah! This cold stuff suppose to stay North of the Mason Dixon line!
You leave the dadburn door open again Rob?

Rob_In_MO":092yedfz said:
Cartaphilus":092yedfz said:
Yeah! This cold stuff suppose to stay North of the Mason Dixon line!
You leave the dadburn door open again Rob?
Nah - just pointed a large fan your way.  Share the blessings....   :lol:
Yeah, I'll point something your way...... :suspect: 

Here in North Florida it is 40 degrees going to 19 tonight not counting wind chill.

This is wild weather for this part of the country...bbrrrrr.

I got my carharts on. ready for a cold-ass day at work.
I told my wife we shoulda moved to the keys when we had the chance!!

with the wind chill working, and working on the water it is -9 out