Collector's Guide to Kaywoodie Pipes...

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NY Pipe Guy

Reaction score
Greetings......

For those of you who smoke and collect Kaywoodie pipes, I've created a PDF file of the online documentation found http://pipepages.com/kwg-intro.htm.

Go to: http://members.bellatlantic.net/~vze43wza/Collector%27s%20Guide%20to%20Kaywoodie%20Pipes.pdf

It's a 9.25 MB file, so it takes a about 30 to 35 seconds to download. I have a DSL connection, so it downloaded pretty fast. It's totally searchable using Adobe Reader or Foxit Reader. You can search on any word and find it within a nanosecond. Try finding "KB&B" and see how quick it finds it!!!!

Please check it out and let me know what you think. Aside from a few minor changes, I did not revise the text or writing in any way...I wanted to make sure that as much of the original material stayed the way Dr. Stokes wrote it.

Enjoy!

Jim :D

Thank you for the useful .pdf format conversion. I'd consulted that site before, but it's sure very handy to have it in such an easily dowloadable format.

Thanks for the kudos....that was the genesis of the project. I also visited the site and found the information useful, but hard to navigate. I spoke with Chris Keene who runs the site and asked if I could create a PDF file...he said absolutely!

Off I went...with in a few hours I had copy/pasted all of the text and photos into Word and then exported the whole thing as a PDF. Just having the ability to do a word search in a document of 75 pages is invaluable.

Jim

Jim, good to see you here. Your Web site was one of the very first ones I found online, way back in the 90's. Still have it bookmarked. I always enjoyed the pic with the three generations of the Murrays and their bottles. Cheers!

Glad to be part of Brothers of Briar. In the past, I generally didn't have much time to read or post to the pipe newsgroups, but I'm try to make time.

Jim

Thanks, Mike - that is a big help. I've spent a lot of time paging through that doc :cyclops:

I've only smoked pipes for a couple years, but for some reason I was immediately drawn to the old KayWoodies.

Gary

Jim, you're a gentleman and a scholar sir!..... That really is a great book. I have an orginal copy which has served me well...

Thanks Jim,
In invaluable asset for any Kaywoodie Collector.
I treasure my hardcopy and now I can burn this to disk.
Andy

:D :D

Tried clicking on the PDF links got absolutely nothing, clicked on the other link and got Error 404 page not found. Are these links anywhere else?

I have a Kaywoodie pipe in a fitted box. It has one bowl and two stems. On the lid is Kaywoodie, Dr Mini Cose Italiane.

I can find absolutely no-one who can tell me anything about this. Any ideas?

Can't seem to upload pictures, any ideas how to do this?

Oyster,
Go to the Home Page/Photo Gallery/ there's a sticky there to explain how to post pics. Hope this helps.
Doc

I am having trouble with the file, unfortunately. When I try to open it Adobe gives me a message that states: Adobe could not open the file because it's not a supported file type or because the file has been damaged.

Is anyone else having this issue? Perhaps it is my network here at the office? I'll try this tonight from home and see what happens.

Thank you, Jim for putting this together I eagerly anticipate reading it.

Lou

docwatson":9xvfrw3g said:
Oyster,
Go to the Home Page/Photo Gallery/ there's a sticky there to explain how to post pics. Hope this helps.
Doc
Many thanks for your help unfortunately I just get a message saying I can't post pictures for 7 days.