Community sharing time please take a minute and answer

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Simple Man":xxy2oxko said:
Gosh, looking at my own list, I am so...
gf120414History_of_Ketchup_H480x172.jpg
Hey, brother, with the exception of Kenny G, I happen to like everything on your list. Even old sweaters with elbow patches. :p I saw Sarah Brightman in Phantom in Toronto back in the '90s. She wan magnificent!

Ok, after a long process and looking at it as if these were my last requests I would have to say,

Bands: Pink Floyd, Tool, Faith No More

Authors: Stephen King, Tolken, Mark Twain

Movies: Meet the Fockers (never gets old)..... Wow there's still too many good movies to choose from. Sorry

the rev":4z9ih9u4 said:
Brewdude":4z9ih9u4 said:
the rev":4z9ih9u4 said:
wow, jethro tull and McCurtry in the same list, and then the hellecasters? I wanna party with you :)

you guys are way too cool, I want to be best friends with all of you

rev

Not a lot of folks are familiar with McMurtry. Even less so with The Hellecasters. Good to see you are rev.

Cheers,

RR
McCurtry has one of the best lyrics, and I quote it often just because it is so awesome:

though I never intended to bend the rules
whiskey don't make liars it just makes fools
so I didn't mean to say it... but I meant what I said
too long in the wasteland, too long in the wasteland
must of gone to my head

Love it.

Hellecasters are just guitar wizards

rev
Amen rev.

McMurtry is gifted with his storytelling lyrics, isn't he?

Love "Choctaw Bingo". Lots of imagery in that one.

Also "We Can't Make It here Anymore". Hits the old nail right on the head, that one.

And not to forget "Fireline Road", "Lights of Cheyenne", "Just Us Kids" or especially "God Bless America".

Hard hitting, tell-it-like-it-is, pull no punches, raw and in your face. Modern day troubadour.

Caught his act a few years ago with his 3-pc band an a small club in Seattle, and they were freaking awesome!

Hellecasters are scary good pickers. They're all monsters and technically several orders of magnitude above and beyond mere mortal men! Pity they aren't playing together anymore.

8)

Cheers,

RR

I've never checked out hellcasters, but definitely dig on McMurtry. "We can't make it here anymore" was the song that grabbed my mind.

Its not easy for me to say anything is my favorite, anyway here's what came to mind first.

1. Zack Brown Band ,AC/DC ,Nickelback

2. Stephen Ambrose , John Gierach , Web Griffin

3.Goodfellas, Rudy, The Greatest Game Ever Played

Nice thread idea Rev.

Like many here (I suspect) I'm having a hard time getting down to three. I can usually do a fairly solid top 20 on most things, but getting to top 10 or 5 always gets sticky. So anyhow, I don't know if these are my real top 3s, but they are certainly up there.

Bands on disc: Foofighters, Alice in Chains, Nirvana (Honourable mentions to: Gnarls Barkley, Silverchair, Dubstep, Ellie Goulding remixes, Incubus, perfect circle, soundgarden, Weezer, Jack Wall, Yoshihisa Hirano and Hideki Taniuchi, 3 doors down)
Bands live: Nickelback, Red Hot Chilli Peppers, counting crows (I've seen the Foo's a couple of times when they toured the UK and they put on a very minimum effort show. Its sad to say as I really love them. But when I saw Nickleback live... Holy ****, those guys can rock. Counting crows has to go on there as I remember seeing them once when the lead singer walked on stage, did a massive guitar jump and split his trousers, then ignored it to do a 3 hour set with his ass hanging out so people didn't have to wait for him to go and get changed. Top guy!)

Authors (Tough one). Peter F Hamilton, George RR Martin (I liked him before it was cool!) and Joe Abercrombie. (Honourable mentions to: Terry Pratchett - I love the guy but sadly in the last few books his humour is faded and you can really see the effects of his alzheimers kicking in - Karl Marlantes, Robert Mason, Raymond E Feist, Weis & Hickman, Joe Haldeman, Timothy Zahn, Alan Moore, Max Brooks... agh, too many)

Movies... ah you're killing me: The Right Stuff, Aliens, Dances with wolves. (Honourable mentions: Screw it, I've got about 550 DVD's lying around here, far too many favourites to list, and I'm already changing the three choices too much).

Ten favorite bands :D ? Zach Brown, Alabama, Def Leppard, Petra, Garth Brooks, Needtobreathe, JJ Grey, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Hank Williams Jr, John Mayer

three favorite authors? Ted Dekker, Frank Perretti, Ken Follett

three favorite movies? Shooter, Bourne series, Buck (documentary)

Cigarettes
Camel shorts
American Spirit Maroon and Gold, Black
Marlboro Reds

Cats

Music
What my head hears

Books
Buddhist Terms and Concepts

Spirits
Seagrams VO Gold
McClelland Islay
Evan Williams 1783

The movie Buck uses horses to teach us so much about ourselves. I think it would be a great movie for all new parents to watch.

A lady in my office has a troubled 18 year old son. I paid her to watch the movie.

Steep Canyon Rangers, Against Me!, CCR
Frank Herbert,George RR Martin, Isaac Asimov
Alien, Iron Man, Feast

Bands - Nickleback, Moody Blues, & Led Zeppelin

Writers - Douglas Adams, J.R.R. Tolkien, & George R.R. Martin

Movies - Field Of Dreams, Star Trek series, & Dirty Harry

Bands: U2, James, Tom Waits
Writers: Terry Pratchett, Khalid Hosseini, and Pratchett again, of course!
Movies: Shawshank Redemption, Lord of the Rings, Green Mile

1.System of a Down, Disturbed, The Offspring

2.What are Authors?????? (I dont read books)

3. Happy Gilmore, Super Troopers, Joe Dirt

4.Battle Field(series), Assassins Creed(series), Madden(whatever year i have)

Three favorite bands? Sevendust, Eric Church, Steel Panther

Three favorite authors? Chuck Palahniuk, Kurt Vonnegut, Robert Frost

Three favorite movies? Hatari, Moby Dick, Fight Club

kaiser83":d2scg7om said:

besides your completely hideous, and criminal taste in music, that is a very bad ass list.

rev

the rev":8urxngzr said:
kaiser83":8urxngzr said:

besides your completely hideous, and criminal taste in music, that is a very bad ass list.

rev
Hideous....Steel Panther is hilarious, Sevendust is just awesome, and Eric Church is just fun country. Hideous music my butt lol.

4.Battle Field(series), Assassins Creed(series), Madden(whatever year i have)
All time favorites
World of Warcraft (can't play, too addictive)
Call of Duty
Railroad Tycoon

Currently playing
League of Legends

the rev":a4wa1gjy said:
Three favorite bands?

three favorite authors?

three favorite movies?

1. Pink Floyd, Iron & Wine, The Beatles

2. Peter Hathaway Capstick, Anne Rice, Robert Ruark

3. (Modified, as I like series more than single movies) Star Trek Deep Space 9, All Creatures Great and Small, Babylon 5