Comoy pipe tobacco

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bent bulldog

Reaction score
Has anyone tried any of the new Comoy pipe tobaccos? I assume like most tinned tobaccos these days they are produced somewhere in northern Europe either in Germany or Denmark?

I haven't tried the new Comoy blends, so I am no help there. But I am curious, why do you think most tobacco's are made in Europe? There are some great blender's in America, GL Pease, Cornell & Diehl, McClelland, just to name a few.

Northern Neil":hqpogxrl said:
I haven't tried the new Comoy blends, so I am no help there. But I am curious, why do you think most tobacco's are made in Europe? There are some great blender's in America, GL Pease, Cornell & Diehl, McClelland, just to name a few.
I assume he meant European tobaccos. Dunhill isn't made in England, for instance.

bent bulldog":p3tqsvic said:
Has anyone tried any of the new Comoy pipe tobaccos? I assume like most tinned tobaccos these days they are produced somewhere in northern Europe either in Germany or Denmark?
First, they are made by Peter Stokkebye , and I've smoked two ounces of the bulk Cask #4 and found it to be a nice Perique forward Va blend that is stronger Perique wise than OGS . But after smoking two ounces of the bulk Peter Stokebkye Luxury Navy Flake, my feeling is that the Comoy's #4 is the LNF just repackaged and re-named. They are IDENTICAL in appearance and style of flake and the same goes when they are smoked. I don't have any FACTS to prove this, it's just my IMPRESSION of them. Bottom line for me is that this one is a good, medium VaPer that should find many friends in the VaPer smoking community  :twisted:  :twisted:

Thomas Tkach":wa7r3jwj said:
Northern Neil":wa7r3jwj said:
I assume he meant European tobaccos. Dunhill isn't made in England, for instance.
And hasn't been since 1981  :twisted: :twisted: 

Hi Northern Neil: When I referred to most tinned tobaccos being now made in Germany or Denmark, I should have made it clear that I was referencing tobaccos that had previously been made in Great Britain, such as Dunhill, McConnels, W.D. and H.O Wills Cut Golden Bar, Ogdens St. Bruno, Bells Three Nuns. Most of those labels, alas, are gone now, Balkan Sobranie Smoking Mixture, Sobranie 759, Sobranie Virginian #10(an amazingly great latakia mixture with a healthy dose of Havana cigar leaf added),Sullivans OX, Sullivans Original Mixture, Fribourg and Treyer. Murrays Erinmore in mixture, flake and cube cut(like smoking Pineapple flavored grape nuts), Condor, St. Bruno, Cut Golden Bar, Mick Mcquaid cut plug,Bulwark cut plug, Gallahers Rich Dark Honeydew, etc. etc. I wish you guys could try some of these old blends, If you run across any of them on ebay sealed up, jump on a chance to try them, the tobaccos in those days were thrice aged before they got to the smoker. That is why it is a good idea to cellar stuff these day. Anyway Neil, you are absolutely spot on with pointing out the great American blenders, McClelland blazed that trail and many great ones have followed.