Comoy's of London Cask #2 Portwood

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kaitlyn3837

Reaction score
This is a piece of one of the bombs I received. I have seen Comoy's tins/blends online but never tried any before this. Going thru tobaccos a couple nights ago, the smell of this one immediately drew me in, so I decided to give it a whirl.

I REALLY enjoyed this. It has a light sweetness to me but not overwhelming. I read about it on tobaccoreviews.com and I like that the vanilla and cocoa that they used isn't super sticky. I can also still taste the tobacco itself, which I really enjoy. I don't like when flavoring completely wipes out the tobacco. I will probably order a tin or two of this in the future!

Sounds interesting. Do you think it tastes/smells chemical. I have had some aros in the past (CAO) that had a very un-natural chemical smell to them...not good.

Thanks for sharing your impressions. I have been intrigued by Comoy's tobaccos for a while.

NAJ_ile":7czdpvlh said:
Sounds interesting.  Do you think it tastes/smells chemical.  I have had some aros in the past (CAO) that had a very un-natural chemical smell to them...not good.  
No, certainly did not taste chemicals. Mostly aros that I have had don't taste like chemicals but the flavoring is definitely nice.

How familiar are you with CAO? I ask because they have a flavored cigar line that came out long before they dabbled in pipe tobaccos. For me, those cigars also tasted like chemicals as well. They are cheap cigars, not premium because they are mostly chopped tobacco and machine rolled. For me, premium cigars HAVE to be long-filler and hand-rolled.

So, if their cigars are any indication of their pipe tobacco, then I can certainly see where you would get that chemical taste from. But other brands like Stokkebye and Lane aromatics have not tasted like chemicals to me.

I've tried three of the Cask series of blend/mixtures and found them ALL to be well done, tasty and made from evidently high quality leaf. The tinned versions are more pricey than the bulk but they do come in a neat little re-usable "paint can" :twisted: :twisted: