Comoys pebble grain Canadian

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jevverrett

Reaction score
Picked this estate up recently from smokingpipes. It’s my first Comoys, and first Canadian for that matter. Having smoked it daily since thanksgiving, I am amazed at good of a smoker it is. It may be the long shank, but it’s a very dry smoking pipe. May have to look for more Canadians now.
D36A0BA2-E277-4E7F-A28F-FA8545E6ACC5.jpeg

The old Comoy's are great smoking briars!! I have a bunch, they all smoke well! Comoy "seconds" do well also, at a lower price point. I know nothing about the new "stuff." I don't go there!!! FTRPLT

I didn’t know there was a difference. I thought Comoys became chacom?
Nope. Historically the two were/are mixed...Chacom being 'Chapuy + Comoy = Chacom!!" They are two stand-alone brands today, but "Comoy" has been under new ownership for quite a while. Hence, the reference to the "old" Comoy's. Look closely at the "C" on your pipe bit. If it is a "three-piece" (i.e., three circular cutouts with an inlaid C), it is an old Comoy. If the C is imprinted without the circular cutouts, it's "new" production. Both Comoy's and Chacom's are on SP along with a bit of their histories. FTRPLT

I’ll have to bare that in mind in my searching. I’m not finding a lot out there.

I know a lot of you don't like eBay; however there's a bunch of the older Comoys and Chacoms on there at most times. SPs will have a few in their Estate sales section. FWIW FTRPLT