Compton's of Galashiels

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
jj1015":g31vc11j said:
I'd revise my opinion on Wilderness a bit. I still love the flavor -- even more than I like Compton's -- but it's not a strong enough smoke.

Compton's stuff is top-notch, and worth the money (if you have it to spare). If you're on a budget, I'd stick with Pease, Dunhill, C&D, etc.
Interesting to hear that you have revised your opinion on the Wilderness due to the lack of strength. Lately, I have been smoking a lot more Va and Burley blends, but still find myself smoking English/Balkans at least once or twice a week. The Compton's stuff, while expensive, still remains some of my favorite blends. Oddly enough, while we were talking about strong English blends awhile back, it seems that my palate has changed because now I actually prefer Compton's Balkan Mixture over York Full and Macedonian, even though the Balkan Mixture is much milder. They are all great blends though and hopefully I will be able to try other blends besides these three that they offer at some point in time. For now, I have plenty of Balkan, York Full, and Macedonian jarred up to last me for a few years. I can definitely recommend these three highly!

-Scott

When you state that some of the Compton latakia blends are "full," do you mean strength, flavor or both?

alfredo_buscatti":rf5q82fu said:
When you state that some of the Compton latakia blends are "full," do you mean strength, flavor or both?
I mean both. The flavor is extremely full, and the nicotine strength is noticeable. The blender is using some powerful virginias, it seems. I wouldn't compare the nicotine level it to something like 1792 or University Flake, but I'd say that York Full Mixture packs just a notch less than, say, Old Joe Krantz or Haddo's Delight.

If anyone is interested in selling me some comptons blends lemme know. I try to order from maxim and stock up on his tobac but he tells me he doesnt have it. Maybe he is just out of it i dont know. But if anyone has some of his york full or scottish or macedonian mix and wants to let go odf it lemme know. I am a huge fan of his tobac but i just cant get any from him and it drives me nuts !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, Comptons does well on TobaccoReviews; but those 4-star averages are based on only 10 or so reviews. Too small a sample to have much weight.

I'm beginning a tasting journey through all of the Compton's blends. I will be posting the results on Smoker's Forums. If anyone is interested in seeing the results posted here as well, I would be happy to oblige. This is similar to my Pease Pilgrimage I did last year. Some of you may remember that adventure.

Jimbo":cx163xqs said:
I'm beginning a tasting journey through all of the Compton's blends. I will be posting the results on Smoker's Forums. If anyone is interested in seeing the results posted here as well, I would be happy to oblige. This is similar to my Pease Pilgrimage I did last year. Some of you may remember that adventure.
I assume you aare having no problem getting his tobacco then.

Your order will not come and you will be issued a refund. At least this was my experience. Worst ever.
Sincerely,
Milan

He still owes me 100 grams of scottish mix .............. That i paid for back in the begginning of november. I hate it , his tobac is soooo good. Yet if he doesnt ship it out then i must aggree. It is too good to be true.