Condor

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KevinM

Reaction score
I was gifted awhile back with a cube of Condor. It was a bit of a puzzle at first, because it looks like a small, very hard lump of tobak, and it took visits tio You Tube to figure how to reduce this item to smokable form. But I persevered and found it interesting, quite tasty and very s t r o n g. Still I kept going back to it. I kinda grew to like it. Eventually, I happened upon an inspiration. If I took just a bit of a Condor flake, cube cut it, and mixed it with an English blend, it was very heaven to smoke. And the amount of Condor required to get a very satisfactory result was miniscule -- half a dozen tiny cubes was adequate. I especially enjoyed a Condor / Old Dublin blend. Problem is, I've used my last Condor cube -- alas! -- and it's not available here in the U.S. But I spied a rumor on another thread that St. Bruno may be coming back, so I'm wondering if anyone has tried a similar experiment with this blend and what your results were like.

Interesting.

I had some Condor Long Cut a while back that I got from Mr. Snuff. I enjoyed it as is but it never dawned on me to mix it with any of my latakia blends..

DrT999":r7d9dc6a said:
Guyrox":r7d9dc6a said:
My Smoking Shop UK also has Condor (and St-Bruno). I did business with them in the past and they are great:

http://www.mysmokingshop.co.uk/index2.php?mod=category&nm=Condor Pipe Tobacco&nc=pipe tobaco&man=124&cat=69
They also claim not to ship to the US
Weird. How can it be any harder to ship tobacco from the UK into the U.S. than into Canada? Oh well, it's about time our Canadian brothers had an option we don't! :geek: We'll let this one slide.

juanmedusa":91fkx6ur said:
DrT999":91fkx6ur said:
Guyrox":91fkx6ur said:
My Smoking Shop UK also has Condor (and St-Bruno). I did business with them in the past and they are great:

http://www.mysmokingshop.co.uk/index2.php?mod=category&nm=Condor Pipe Tobacco&nc=pipe tobaco&man=124&cat=69
They also claim not to ship to the US
Weird. How can it be any harder to ship tobacco from the UK into the U.S. than into Canada? Oh well, it's about time our Canadian brothers had an option we don't! :geek:  We'll let this one slide.
Supposedly whoever controls UK credit card access (not counting N Ireland) is one of those that won't deal with tobacco. (A few years ago, Mars Cigars/Tobacco spent a few weeks without being able to process credit cards for the same reason)

juanmedusa":y2biokma said:
Ok, that helps me understand.
Yeah, but one would think there would be at least one such company that the UK companies could deal with to process US credit cards -- since Northern Ireland (!), Ireland, the Netherlands, Germany, Spain, and Switzerland (at the least) can! Hopefully someone can explain that part!

I'm not sure why they can't use paypal since all the US companies do. Are the "paypal laws" different in Europe