Coniston Cut Plug

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soylentgreen

Reaction score
Can someone help identify whether the "Coniston Cut Plug Unscented" for sale a smokingpipes.com is the same as the Coniston Cut Plug reviewed at tobaccoreviews.com?

The reviews average a "Medium" rating for flavoring which hardly sounds "Unscented" to me; so I was thinking maybe smokingpipes.com was selling a different product. No help from the G&H web site which doesn't seem to list Coniston, Bosun, or many of the their products.

Thanks!

There's only one - its the same. I can say that CCPlug definitely has some lakeland essence to it - I quite like it, though. Has a bit of strength too!

Correct, unscented is lightly scented, scented is heavily scented. There are two versions.

I picked up 25gs of this a few days ago. Seems people like this stuff. It's like the 'perfect' cross of St Bruno and Condor RR. It's floral. It's soapy. It's strong tasting. It's dog meat.

henwrench":w9zwp8gt said:
I picked up 25gs of this a few days ago. Seems people like this stuff. It's like the 'perfect' cross of St Bruno and Condor RR. It's floral. It's soapy. It's strong tasting. It's dog meat.
But it such yummy delicious dog meat.

Puff Daddy":2uehkzmu said:
Correct, unscented is lightly scented, scented is heavily scented. There are two versions.
Just got a reply from smokingpipes.com confirming 2 versions of Coniston.

Question is which version, scented or unscented, matches the tobaccoreviews version. There are 2 entries on the review site, one called "aromatic". Dark Flake seems to follow the pattern that the unqualified name is the unscented. Ok, I'm getting OCD about this. I suppose I should just smoke some and see if I like it or not :lol:

Oh, that's interesting - I don't think I've ever come across the version that is "scented" or "aromatic" here in the U.S. Regardless, what I've had was labeled unscented and it definitely had some very noticable scenting, but not overwhelming to my tastes.

I wonder if the scented version is one we can't get here but is available in the UK. (Or maybe its just not easily found here or I don't know where to look - I just took a cruise around the US etailers and didn't find any that had a scented/aromatic version, but looking at UK sites I see it.)

I'm having a giant bowl of CCP u/s right now after reading this thread again. Yep, it's every bit as good as I remember. 8)

You guys should try doing searches here on some of these topics. There's a load of data just layin' around doing nothin.

I'll just say one thing...do not trust a vendor with names or descriptions of Gawith blends.