Corn cob pipes are awesome - video

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Charlz9mm

Reaction score
Here is a little video of my view of some wonderful cobs. I hope you enjoy it.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/eJ41pA9zPz8" frameborder="0" loading="lazy" allowfullscreen ></iframe>

Hi Chariz9mm!

Thanks for the video. I've been itching to get my hands on MM's new cobbit line. I've heard that the Wizard has had some trouble with loose stems. Care to share your experience with that?

It was a pleasure watching the review!

C9 - re MM Cobbit

Just got through watching your vid on UTube without realizing you'd posted it here. Excellent job I immediately went through my list of usual suspects (vendors) and discovered that MM itself is the lowest cost source...and the only current site on which I found the Cobbit Wiz. I did want that one...and also picked up the Shire version. In the past I've always preferred the Freehand...that may just change!

I've purchased the great Forever Stems available for the cobs and REALLY recommend them.

I may just have to stick that Shire pipe in my inside picket, grab my walking stick and knapsack and head out through the fields toward the woods in search of Forest mushrooms...get in all kinds of trouble by golly!

I got myself a Cobbit Shire about 4 months ago, I agree great pipe. I love cobs and I mostly smoke them over my briars.

Excellent video btw. Keep em coming.

14085371.jpg

I brought some Best Brown Flake with me to a location 5 hours away from home with tons of time to kill. Wish I had the "Wizard" tonight.

I was thinking there should be one that's bigger than the Wizard called The Ent.

Blackhorse":oz5qieq7 said:
So...where's the Bulldog?
Wish they would bring back one of the old bulldogs, as well as the aluminum Aristocob.

DrumsAndBeer":e681rydg said:
I have recently seen a few reverse calabash cobs for purchase.

Did anyone else catch one of these? They look pretty cool.

http://pipesmokersforum.com/community/threads/mm-reverse-calabash-nosewarmer.49660/
Chris, Marilyn from MM contacted me a couple months ago, and told me she had one if I was interested. I jumped on it, and got one of the Chris Morgan versions. I need to modify mine with a forever stem as well.

Pretty neat pipe. They were numbered with a certificate. I think mine was #117.

Dutch":4kddm1xt said:
Chris, Marilyn from MM contacted me a couple months ago, and told me she had one if I was interested. I jumped on it, and got one of the Chris Morgan versions. I need to modify mine with a forever stem as well.

Pretty neat pipe. They were numbered with a certificate. I think mine was #117.
Dang. I didn't realize they were a limited run. Now I am kicking myself for not picking one up when I had the chance.

I'm thinkin' that a guy with good skills and some fair shop tools should be able to take two regular cobs and mate em, then shape the base for a stem to fit the bottom of the Calabash section...etc.  What Glue to use to join the two cobs though?

Like...take a Mark Twain Dublin...pull off the stem...

Take a Pony Express...cut in two just at the line of where the stem enters...

Fit that to a curved contour that mates to the side of the MT centering on the stem hole...

Drill out the bottom to fit a stem...

Glue the two pieces together...

Voila...essentially, a reverse Calabash.

Of course, you'd do the details, like smoothing the hole from the Dublin & fitting a proper 'stem Plug thingie'...

Blackhorse":5t0w4yx8 said:
I'm thinkin' that a guy with good skills and some fair shop tools should be able to take two regular cobs and mate em, then shape the base for a stem to fit the bottom of the Calabash section...etc.  What Glue to use to join the two cobs though?
Elmer's Pro Bond! You can find it at Walmart, Home Depot, or Lowe's.

Check out this video. Scott at Aristocob has been doing the Cobfoolery contest for a few years now.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/jonmXFAgfmo" frameborder="0" loading="lazy" allowfullscreen ></iframe>