Corncob Pipes - More than you want to know

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MichaelM

Reaction score
I just completed a series of videos on corncob pipe modification that might be of interest to some of you that like to tinker.  While I think Missouri Meerschaum (and other) corncob pipes smoke just fine as is, there is a lot that can be done to improve or just plain tart up the cobs.  The videos linked below cover making and using pipe mud to raise the draft hole and protect the bottom of the tobacco chamber, fitting a new ebonite stem using simple hand tools, and doing a complete make over to produce something like the Stubby Cob Poker shown below.  I made this pipe for the Aristicob Cobfoolery Contest (Cobfoolery.com) which is running the month of April. No affiliation other than I like cobs.
Thanks for looking,
Mike.

Videos here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLQFCU-_AnJElb1hMGMGSwIct2XYpr56U0
CobModStubbyPoker_zpsjuotykaq.jpg

Cute stubby, but I know I would light my moustache on fire with that guy! Nice work on the stem too.

Ozark Wizard":fuzfsktd said:
Cute stubby, but I know I would light my moustache on fire with that guy! Nice work on the stem too.
So that's why you favor the churchwardens :lol:
Thanks for the compliments!
Mike.