Cornell and Diehl 106 Golden Ash Pipe Tobacco

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

velveteagle

Reaction score
I am compiling an order list the short one for next order and a long term list to try out in the future.. This blend is in the latter list.. I noticed some were smoking this on what are you smoking.. Got curious and did a search.. Reviews show it as a great rating.. But alas I cannot find it for sale on the list of major blend sellers.. Does anyone know where this may be purchased.. Or is it another on the list of not being produced anymore ? Thanks.. :?:
Chuck..

Hey VE, Have not smoked that one yet so I am just hogging space here!
Good luck, Keep us posted on what you think!!!

I would echo Piet. I have not tried it either, but have been wanting to slip it on a C&D sampler order at some point. Do let us know what you think.

Piet Binsbergen":0g36h3z9 said:
Never a problem with you sharing Piet.. It will be a time before I order this blend but it looks interesting.. Will be sure to let ya know.. :cheers:
Chuck..

velveteagle":mnk9u374 said:
Piet Binsbergen":mnk9u374 said:
Never a problem with you sharing Piet.. It will be a time before I order this blend but it looks interesting.. Will be sure to let ya know.. :cheers:
Chuck..
Sweet Stuff VE, either way you seem to be enjoying the pipe and the brotherhood and friendship that goes along with it!
That my friend is the most important discovery I have made!
:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

I have a small pouch of Golden Ash which I purchased at a local BM. It is a very light burley blend; I don't taste the latakia at all. It is pleasant but not flavorful enough for my tastes. It also has one of the nastiest stale tobacco odors of anything I have tried. It does burn very well, though, so I add it to other blends as an accelerant.

I've recently re-discovered this blend and thought I should amend my old comments. After moistening this tobac and smoking it in a larger pipe, it really has grown on me. It is more flavorful and interesting when smoked in this manner, burns very well, and doesn't pack a big nicotine punch like many burley blends often do. It is simple, but the interplay of the mild burley, Va, and small amount of latakia keeps things interesting. A short (20 min) dgt will bring out even more flavor. If you want an all-day, natural burley blend, this is a great choice. The only negatives are the cigarette-like room note and very few retailers stock it, so you generally have to order it by the pound directly from C&D.