Cornell & Diehl

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stinger4me

Reaction score
I'm wondering if anyone here has tried Brigadier blend from C&D. I am curious about purchasing some of it and setting a tin or two away for aging. Thanks for the help.

I haven't tried it, but it's burley based so it may not be the best candidate for aging. The general consensus is that burley doesn't benefit as much from long term aging.

That said, I just bought a 10 year old tin of Barbary Coast from a fellow Brother. Of course I will report my subjective findings when I get around to popping the tin.

One of my all time favs is Solani's Aged Burley Flake. I can't get enough of the stuff. I swear it's gotten sweeter and more mellow as it has sat around.

I have a bit of this tobacco on hand and smoke it occasionally. Like all C&D blends I have tried, it benefits greatly from at least 6 months of aging to let the flavors marry. After a year or so of aging, I noticed no more benefit. It is a very nice change of pace smoke, nothing else quite like it.