Cracked Some 14 YO Haddo’s at a Cabin

• Thread starter Deleted member 2386
  • Start date
Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

Deleted member 2386

Good old Sour Milk came out for a visit so we did it up proper with a cabin in the woods. Due to a mix-up on my part I didn’t bring everything I had planned on but we did get to crack open a tin of Haddo’s Delight from 2004, and friends, it was even more delicious than you’re imagining. The topping had faded to a friendly wisp of a spirit, and the leaf itself had both sweetened and mellowed. Unbelievably tasty.

Nothing better than enjoying a well-aged blend with a well-aged friend!

Quite a majestic view, GG. Looks like the perfect place to get into that aged Haddos. Sounds like a pleasant time with a fellow brother of the leaf.

:cheers:

Hey-Suess Maria Jesse...........

.........that scene looks like a way great backdrop to some fine smokes and libations. I commend your taste on the malt beverage front and the choice of 'baccy is no slouch either, including and especially the briars!

Nothing quite like well aged Haddos to tickle your fancy. Rather wish I'd been there!

Where was the cabin?

Cheers,

RR

I miss the mountains and the Haddo's...and the company of course.

I see you got your hands on some Founders KBS! Goooooood beer, and it’s made just 2 hours away from where I’m at. I’ve got two in the cellar I’m not so sure are going to last too long. If you get the opportunity, grab a four pack of Backwoods Bastard by Founders!

Looks like an awesome time!!!

Zach

Looks great! Can't think of a better way to sit and reflect. :)

Brewdude":sr9oa7ox said:

.........that scene looks like a way great backdrop to some fine smokes and libations. I commend your taste on the malt beverage front and the choice of 'baccy is no slouch either, including and especially the briars!

Nothing quite like well aged Haddos to tickle your fancy. Rather wish I'd been there!

Where was the cabin?

Cheers,

RR
It was out on the Peninsula, back in the mountains between Sequim and Port Angeles--tidepooling and hiking by day, grilling salmon and hot tubing by night. It was a small scale high school reunion of sorts so we had a couple of other, less pipe-saavy friends along, but I bought them both new cobs and they took to the Haddo's like seasoned pros! Hitting up the Cargo Hold in Poulsbo was icing on the cake--one hell of a B&M, if you're ever out that way.

And speaking of Hey-Suess Maria, can't believe I've been so slack about getting up to your neck of the woods--busy couple of weeks ahead but after that I'll prioritize a pilgrimage, and bring along some of this Haddo's!

SourMilk":itashkli said:
I miss the mountains and the Haddo's...and the company of course.
I missed you so much I had to smoke another bowl of it this afternoon...

GuitarMyFriend":91eqg98n said:
I see you got your hands on some Founders KBS! Goooooood beer, and it’s made just 2 hours away from where I’m at. I’ve got two in the cellar I’m not so sure are going to last too long. If you get the opportunity, grab a four pack of Backwoods Bastard by Founders!

Looks like an awesome time!!!

Zach
I love Backwards Bastard! Probably my favorite of their regular rotation beers--Founder's rocks, I'm super jealous you're close enough to roadtrip to the brewery. Have you tried that CBS? It's their KBS aged in Canadian maple syrup barrels that were then used for bourbon--hard to find and a pretty penny if you do, but so worth it.

GrampaGrossbart":l5i07qoi said:
Brewdude":l5i07qoi said:

Where was the cabin?

Cheers,

RR
It was out on the Peninsula, back in the mountains between Sequim and Port Angeles--tidepooling and hiking by day, grilling salmon and hot tubing by night. It was a small scale high school reunion of sorts so we had a couple of other, less pipe-saavy friends along, but I bought them both new cobs and they took to the Haddo's like seasoned pros! Hitting up the Cargo Hold in Poulsbo was icing on the cake--one hell of a B&M, if you're ever out that way.

And speaking of Hey-Suess Maria, can't believe I've been so slack about getting up to your neck of the woods--busy couple of weeks ahead but after that I'll prioritize a pilgrimage, and bring along some of this Haddo's!
Ya, it looked like the Olympic Peninsula to me rather than the Cascades. Something about the shape of the hills. Been there and loved the area. Once considered moving there aamof. Looked at properties back in the early 90's. Way great area!

Need to get to the Cargo Hold before I make the pilgrimage to AZ. And keep me in touch when you're bound for my area. I'll look forward to that aged Haddo's!

:tongue:

Cheers,

RR

Very cool! I'm a perique lover but I'm not crazy about the Haddo's topping, but it sounds like age will take care of that.

I also see some Director's Cut! NICE.

WandererOfWeirdPaths":4hqffv4t said:
Very cool! I'm a perique lover but I'm not crazy about the Haddo's topping, but it sounds like age will take care of that.

I also see some Director's Cut! NICE.
Haddo’s can be a little harsh fresh, there was none of that present in this aged tin.

I’m not sure exactly how long it takes to become muted. I’m gonna buy several 2oz tins and I plan on opening them at 6months/1yr/2yr/5yr/10yr and see how it progresses.

Directors cut was also fantastic and I love the cut.

We've a family house on Sequim Bay Road by the Marina. It was a regular thing to meet up and go to the lavender festival, and hike up around Hurricane Ridge. Great area around there. I really should check on the place sometime.....

Ozark Wizard":60ckdg0s said:
We've a family house on Sequim Bay Road by the Marina. It was a regular thing to meet up and go to the lavender festival, and hike up around Hurricane Ridge. Great area around there. I really should check on the place sometime.....
Not all that far from me Ozzie, relatively speaking. I love that area on the Olympic peninsula. If I wasn't set on moving to Arid-zona I'd likely move there upon retirement.

Cheers,

RR