Crafty #6

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crafty

Reaction score
I had an interesting piece of briar with nice grain and tried to make a pipe to fit the grain. Yes, No, Maybe?

Thanks for looking.

Beautiful fit. I'm liking this pipe a lot. Good show!  :cheers: :cherry: :cheers: 

AJ

The great grain really stands out on that freehand. Congratulations and thanks for sharing!

You really made that grain in that pipe SING !! The shape, proportions and finish ALL equal a DAMN FINE looking pipe ! If this is just your sixth pipe I'd say you are well on your way !!  :cheers: :cheers:

It's very eye-catching ... I love the color and the way it shows off the grain ... what is the diameter of the bore ?

3/4" bore on a mini block I got from Steve at VTfreehand. Thanks for the comments all! I used a light mahogany alcohol based stained as a base, sanded then a light oak over that then buff polish wax.

Very nice indeed, one thing though, I'd get that bark off the Plateaux before too long, the Plateaux will really 'pop' once it is off, excellent work and a wonderful idea for an unusual shape, I love it, bravo.  :cheers: :cheers: 

Oh, yes! Most definitely, YES!

That is an absolute cracker of a pipe - really very, very nice.

I'd be extremely happy to have that is my paws!!!