Crazy Nephew

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chevy5759

Reaction score
Morning Bros,

I thought I would post this of my crazy nephew hosing boats down with his jet ski on Lake McQueeney near Seguin on July 4th 09. He rigged up a helmet cam and it's pretty cool.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/d2qSBLHfLus" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" frameborder="0" loading="lazy" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I don't get it, he rides around and sprays people? That seems really mean and juvenile. Are these people asking to get wet? I would try to run him over with my boat if he did that to me. Is there some context to this behavior that I am missing? And during a 4th of July boat parade? That seems even worse.

edit: I realized after rereading that this sounds really harsh, I'm not trying to put you down chevy, I know it is your nephew and not you.

I should have clarified.
The boats usually rig up pumps and spray people down on their docks and decks while they are grilling and such. Some come close to the shore and pelt you with water balloons or cannons.

I would guess from the fact that people are throwing things at him that No they didn't enjoy what he was doing.

chevy5759":vm9syg4s said:
I should have clarified.
The boats usually rig up pumps and spray people down on their docks and decks while they are grilling and such. Some come close to the shore and pelt you with water balloons or cannons.
Ah, that's the context I was missing; so its just a tradition and he was getting back at the boaters.

There are probably several violations taking place there. Not that laws stop anyone from doing anything stupid. But around here, with most likely as little enforcement as there is there, that kind of nonsense would usually get a 1-5 oz weight tossed at the jet ski. Or perhaps something big and gnarly with lots of treble hooks cast at the jet ski. Or shot at. Jet skis do get run over from time to time. Usually with good cause and no eyewitness on the side of the jet ski.

Yeah. I like jet skis about as much as I like congress.