Crowley's Peluke Molasses

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bugsahearn

Reaction score
He had many parcels from America with boxes of chocolates (in them) when they were rationed here, and at one time he had boxes of chocolates stacked from floor to ceiling. And he had this very strong (peluke) tobacco made with molasses; and the smell of that tobacco stayed in the room for a long time after Crowley was gone. He also made friends with a local grocer named Mr Watson, who took him out for drives and would come and look after him.'
http://21stcenturyradio.com/articles/03/1001231.html

Anybody have any idea wha peluke tobacco made with molasses is? I thought perhaps perique but they sound nothing alike and perique isn't known for molasses flavoring. I know Crowley smoked Perique but I'm wondering if this Peluke is something different. Possibly a british brand of tobacco from the 1940s?

Possibly confusion or poor recollection by the author?      

Peluke>Peruke>Perique? Did Crowley wear a wig? :lol:

My understanding was that he smoked straight perique laced with rum, which sounds delicious if you're out of your mind.

Yeah, i searched around a little, and I'm inclined to think that "Peluke" is how the author of that article heard "Perique". It might've also topped with molasses by some blender at that time. Who knows.

Doesn't sound bad though! A Vaper blend topped with molasses has possibilities.

Ok i guess thats what it must be, i like the idea of really strong tobacco thats very heavily topped with molasses

this isn't on topic but can you add snuff to pipe tobacco to add flavor? say i wanted a violet flavored tobacco could i get some violet gawith snuff and mix it into the bowl? would it work?