Crown Royal Black

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TallSmoke

Reaction score
Not exactly the high grade blends most of us are accustomed to, but I did have a chance to try some Crown Royal Black last weekend and actually enjoyed it. I plan on picking some up at our local governmental spirits distribution center (ABC store) this evening, being that my current fiscal situation has taken a beating from some recent break downs and what not. I'll reserve my 12-Year Doublewood from The Balvenie for special occassions until I get caught up.

Anyone else tried the CR Black? What'd ya think?

Yes, a guest arrived with a bottle on the 4th, I'd never tried it, but several of us enjoyed it,,,,I thought it was very smooth and the girls said it mixed well,,,definitely a hit as the bottle soon disappeared,,,

Never heard of CR Black so I googled it and it is fairly new to the market at least in Canuckville. My drink of choice is CR so I'll keep an eye open for it...

I agree, Mark. I thought it was very smooth. I didn't bother to mix it, either, just putting it over 2-3 ice cubes.

Puffs - We're drinking Canadian whiskey in North Carolina before you? Cool! :lol:

TallSmoke":wsutgi3b said:
I agree, Mark. I thought it was very smooth. I didn't bother to mix it, either, just putting it over 2-3 ice cubes.

Puffs - We're drinking Canadian whiskey in North Carolina before you? Cool! :lol:
That's what I was thinking :lol:

Speaking of Canadian whisky have any of you ever tried Northern Light? I found it delightfully good and it was very inexpensive. Not quite as smooth as Pemberton, my favorite, but I downed a couple straight on the rocks Friday evening, okay maybe three, and felt no ill effects from it the next morning. It's well worth a try if you like Canadian blended whisky.

I'll have to give the Northern Light a try. Sounds good.

I had a nice glass of the CR Black last night, finally, and enjoyed it with a good bowl. It was a smooth drink. My wife took a sip and hated it ("too spicy!"), but she thinks a margarita is hard core, so I took it for what it is worth.

Yeah, my wife has no taste for whisky either. :D Isn't it grand! I get to have it all to myself. :cheers:

Falconer":8trjybys said:
Yeah, my wife has no taste for whisky either. :D Isn't it grand! I get to have it all to myself. :cheers:
:lol!: :lol: :lol!:

Well, I got to admit this crown royal black has made an impression. We visited friends having a small party, on the bar sat an almost empty bottle. I asked our host his opinion and several guests spoke up, all in agreement, thumbs up. Being a Bourbon fan I'm pretty set in my ways, but this Black deserves some attention.

Forty Creek is the best Canadian Whiskey IMHO...Crown Black is good tough.

Okay since I love Canadian Whisky, upon Cigarsarge's word, I bought a bottle of Forty Creek today. I'll give it a try tonight along with some University Flake (Piet's recomendation). Both were the last ones on the shelf so I reckon they're good. It's over a hundred degrees outside so it's best to wait for sundown. :cry:

Falconer":vpxj2hkn said:
Okay since I love Canadian Whisky, upon Cigarsarge's word, I bought a bottle of Forty Creek today. I'll give it a try tonight along with some University Flake (Piet's recomendation). Both were the last ones on the shelf so I reckon they're good. It's over a hundred degrees outside so it's best to wait for sundown. :cry:
So how was the Forty Creek, Falconer?

Purdy darn good Sarge! Real smooth, I'll keep it on the shelf for special occassions. It's far better than C. club or C. Mist that's for sure. I compare it close to Pemberton in quality and price. Nothern Light will remain my favorite as long as the price stays down. Forty Creek really goes good with Escudo though. It Doesn't get much better than that!

thanks again for the tip. :cheers: