Current projects in the works

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ozark Wizard

Reaction score
Squeezing in some wood working between thunderstorms and 108 degree heat indices. Three octagon boxes of varying heights, 5", 7" and 12". Another long box or two, a couple of drying bowls, and some other stuff, pokers, tampers, etc. Most is just milled down and then banded while it settles down. Finished a pipe and rusticated it, now running some of my home grown through it to start the break in process. Everything is going to sit for a while, as I received a commission for building a stone fireplace in Lake Geneva, Wisconsin. So I'm away from the petting zoo for a while..............

You do some very fine work there, Sir! I particularly like the hummingbird.

Good luck on your commission. If possible, I'd sure enjoy seeing how the fireplace progresses.

Yours,
--DAL

All good work there Wiz, loving that drying bowl, sexy grain and colours if I can be so bold. A spot of stone masonry sounds right up your alley too.

Best of luck with it all.

Tim

As always Wiz, first rate stuff you've got going there. The hummer is just stunning. Good luck on the fireplace. Hopefully things there stay sane while you're away.

Jim

Impressive as always Ozzie, but I'd expect nothing less from you.

Love the hummer, and that drying bowl is very kewl!

Lake Geneva you say? Did a bit of time there as a lad on the slopes at Alpine Valley. And then a bit later at the concerts at same during the summer. Great area.

Cheers,

RR

Brewdude":czf0qzoe said:
Lake Geneva you say? Did a bit of time there as a lad on the slopes at Alpine Valley. And then a bit later at the concerts at same during the summer. Great area.

Cheers,

RR
I'll be staying at a place a few blocks from the Abbey in Fontana. Some of the Old Blood in the area and I have grown accustomed to each other's company, and they are excited for us all to get together and spend some time on the lake. I shall have to get some sailing time in while I'm there.............

Ozark Wizard":rnoci2ae said:
Brewdude":rnoci2ae said:

Cheers,

RR
I'll be staying at a place a few blocks from the Abbey in Fontana. Some of the Old Blood in the area and I have grown accustomed to each other's company, and they are excited for us all to get together and spend some time on the lake. I shall have to get some sailing time in while I'm there.............
I'll be looking forward to pics in due course!

Saw Jethro Tull and Mountain in the old shed back around '69/'70. This was back before they had the amphitheatre.

I had relatives that lived in around the area too, so visited it not infrequently as a young cheesehead. And I do remember the Abbey, albeit somewhat fuzzy. Think I remember my Mom visiting with one of her friends and me spending some time in the swimming pool. But that was a whole lotta years ago!

Cheers,

RR

As usual you've got the magic working. All of the objects look great but that pipe is the cat's meow. :)

AJ

Thanks for the comments everyone! Of course there will be pictures of the trip. Another episode of 'Where's the Wizard' is in the works!:lol!: