custom ordered pipe rest

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jonnylaw13

Reaction score
looking around on Amazon.com for a pipe rest i came across a nice leather "belt loop" rest i liked but to me it was too impersonal and non-adjustable so i got in contact with a fellow cheese head i know from another forum who does leather work, primarily watch straps but has been trying to break out into all sorts of leather works. my requirement was multiple snaps for adjust-ability for different sized pipes, after some talking and showing him my pipes and got him away from gator print, i left it totally up to him. for never making one, or being a pipe smoker, or even having a pipe at his disposal for size reference (used dimensions from the one on amazon) im not sure i could be any more happy with the outcome, and im not going to complain about the price either!
im including photos with different sized pipes for size and fit reference

temporary_zps2dface93.jpg

temporary_zps64540608.jpg
temporary_zpsb4520dfc.jpg
temporary_zpsf0f3e825.jpg
temporary_zps419fd682.jpg
temporary_zpscebd3693.jpg

John and I belong to the same watch forum. Rafael's straps are highly recommended. Looks like he has a future in pipe rests! I like the multiple snaps.

I make my own leather strap rests like that, but not tooled like that beauty. I keep on in each of my pipe bags and one at each smoking chair (desk, patio, garage). They are the best stand period, no damage to the pipe and they fold & stow easily.

riff raff":uundjr0y said:
I make my own leather strap rests like that, but not tooled like that beauty.  I keep on in each of my pipe bags and one at each smoking chair (desk, patio, garage).  They are the best stand period, no damage to the pipe and they fold & stow easily.  
I only have two, this one and a cheap plastic folder. I normally carry 2 pipes on me so I just throw them in my pockets as I dont have a pipe bag yet, not really finding anything I like, considering have one made.

jonnylaw13":4j3snu4q said:
riff raff":4j3snu4q said:
I make my own leather strap rests like that, but not tooled like that beauty.  I keep on in each of my pipe bags and one at each smoking chair (desk, patio, garage).  They are the best stand period, no damage to the pipe and they fold & stow easily.  
I only have two, this one and a cheap plastic folder. I normally carry 2 pipes on me so I just throw them in my pockets as I dont have a pipe bag yet, not really finding anything I like, considering have one made.
A member here makes the strap stand, and sells them on Etsy. I bought one with my initials and DOB, for my 50th.
https://www.etsy.com/shop/SorringowlandSons