Cutty

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dshpipes

Reaction score
Just finished up a little cutty. I like it, despite the flaw. :)

http://dshpipes.blogspot.com

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/-dSVsB2WAEs" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" frameborder="0" loading="lazy" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Very nice.

I like the stem. Would that be a schnabel, a volute?

I didn't see any flaw. When it comes to wood, I'm more of a "warts and all" guy.

Sweet pipe. Great job.

I actually like the flaws. I think they give it character. Despite the beautiful grain .... nothing is perfect.

Great piece bro.

Very nice pipe love the stem you do oustanding work brother :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

I think you should let me buy that from you. Absolute beauty really like the delicate lines of the stem. For real is it up for grabs.?

A classic shape, and a fine piece of craftsmanship! I would be proud to smoke her! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Thanks a lot, guys! I ruined a pipe today and was feeling kind of down. It really gives me a boost to hear how much you guys like what I'm making. :eek:

Ian, I sent you a PM. :)

Wow! I love the lines. I love the size. I love it all over!

Dan

P.S. what flaw? I see character, not flaw.

Absolutely beautiful! I like everything about that pipe. And I love the little "flaw"... to me it just makes the pipe shine even more. The smooth grain broken up by a small pit like that, something about it feels very warm to me. It really reflects nature... :cheers:

You are turning out some great stuff David. The cutty is beautiful. Congrats to you and to Ian if he does buy it.

Simple Man":5qqwvh2k said:
Absolutely beautiful! I like everything about that pipe. And I love the little "flaw"... to me it just makes the pipe shine even more. The smooth grain broken up by a small pit like that, something about it feels very warm to me. It really reflects nature... :cheers:
+1, lovely pipe.

Congratulations.

Jers

I'm more a metal worker than wood but you guys are giving me the stimulus to try my hand at a pipe or two. I know it won't be anywhere near as good as the ones I've seen here but we gotta start out somewhere, right?!

Damn fine piece, David! I think she's a beauty with character! :cheers:

Dave, you need to make a Quasimodo pipe. Something so bell-ringingly hideous, any flaws in other pipes will look like beauty marks. Plus, it'll give me some indication you're capable of making an ugly pipe--which I don't think you can do.

8)

Kyle Weiss":puvbvjty said:
Dave, you need to make a Quasimodo pipe. Something so bell-ringingly hideous, any flaws in other pipes will look like beauty marks. Plus, it'll give me some indication you're capable of making an ugly pipe--which I don't think you can do.

8)
That, sir, is a challenge indeed! :twisted:

Cool. There has to be a piece of funky briar that you've been scratchin' your chin over that has a purpose now. Just in case I end up being stuck with buying it out of "eating my own hat" over the challenge, don't make the tobacco chamber too big. I'd smoke it proudly. Plus, I hear ugly pipes make the smoker look prettier. :heart:

8)

Kyle Weiss":nd65s3yg said:
Cool. There has to be a piece of funky briar that you've been scratchin' your chin over that has a purpose now. Just in case I end up being stuck with buying it out of "eating my own hat" over the challenge, don't make the tobacco chamber too big. I'd smoke it proudly. Plus, I hear ugly pipes make the smoker look prettier. :heart:

8)
I have faith that you can make just about any pipe look good. But I'm willing to test that. ;)