CZ - Brothers of Briar

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stinger4me

Reaction score
I might consider buying a pre-owned CZ 452. Has anyone here ever shot or owned one of these rifles. Images of the gun show it to be a nice bolt action rifle for .22 caliber. Thanks for the help.

Stinger

I had one chambered in that Hummer caliber. Beautiful gun, excellent workmanship on fit and finish and dead nut accurate. I noticed quite a difference in one gun's wood to another, so check out the gun before you buy. I've always been a sucker for pretty wood on a long gun. I thought it was an excellent bargain for the money and CZ has a first rate reputation for quality. The only downside to CZ, for my money, is that parts are not readily available. It was never an issue, but something to think about for the future.

I had a CZ .22 for many years & passed it onto my son. They're excellent little rifles. Never had any problems.

I personally do not own a CZ but sure would like to. I have fired several 22-250's that friends own and am impressed with the fit and finish of their rifles, not to mention their accuracy.

I have a cz452 in .17HMR and love that thing. It's deadly accurate and keeps the yard gopher free! Did a lot of research before I bought it, has been worth every cent.

hunter_185":7aehtt23 said:
I have a cz452 in .17HMR and love that thing. It's deadly accurate and keeps the yard gopher free! Did a lot of research before I bought it, has been worth every cent.
Did you ever shoot an egg with that gun? It's a fun way to make merang(sp)! Also, it will flat punch a hole through a quarter.

Well the rifle did not fit. The shape of the stock would not have worked for me. I would describe the stock as having a bulge at the top where the shooter would place his cheek. The rifle was finished very well and good fit between metal and steel. thanks for all of the input.

Stinger

I have a left handed 452 American in 17 HMR, GREAT little rifle for half the price of a Cooper or Kimber....my only advice is be aware if you're mounting a scope to it that the bolt throw seems to be quite far....you may run into clearence problems with a large belled scope