Dads old pipe ... trying to identify what it is

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TwelveAMnTX

Reaction score
My father used to smoke a pipe & since he has passed I now have it as a start to my collection. I have cleaned it up thanks to tips I have found on here & started using it. I am not sure what brand it is, but it is a bent pipe with a rough finish around the bowl with no place for a filter & the markings I have found are Alpha Epsilon, imported briar, 47 & an A on the stem. Not sure if I am posting in the right forum or how to load pics. Thanks in advance for any help!

Posting pictures is pretty simple, you just need to sign up with a free online photo site like photobucket and upload the photos to the site and then paste in a link using the "insert an image" button on the posting tool bar above.

From the BoB FAQ:
Images can indeed be shown in your posts. However, there is no facility at present for uploading images directly to this board. Therefore you must link to an image stored on a publicly accessible web server, e.g. http://www.some-unknown-place.net/my-picture.gif. You cannot link to pictures stored on your own PC (unless it is a publicly accessible server) nor to images stored behind authentication mechanisms such as Hotmail or Yahoo mailboxes, password-protected sites, etc. To display the image use either the BBCode

Early Alphas were made by Shalom in Israel. Later Alpha have been made at the Grabow/Lane factory in Sparta, NC. pipephil.eu has some nice pics of the Alpha logos. Al

It appears it is a Dr. Grabow Alpha Epsilon 47 Bent Billiard from before Lane took over ... I presume from what found on pipephil

The fat A is representative of the Shalom pipes and the skinny A is representative of the sparta pipes. I actually had most of the Sparta series and as I remember , they were decent smokers. Al