Daft Punk

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jefe1037

B of B Supporter
Reaction score
I have heard a few of their songs on and off through the years, but the new single "Get Lucky" got me singing along in the car (I listen to a lot of radio simply to discover new music). I hadn't realized they did the entire score for TRON: Legacy. As I am wont to do, I am currently downloading everything they have to offer to add to the collection.

I am not normally a fan of "dance music" but these guys are truly artists. All the info I have depicts their live shows as events tying the audio in with story lines and visual effects. Even more impressive is their avoidance of "the star system"

I just wanted to share my "new to me" discovery. Any other fans out there?

Disco never really died, did it? :arrow:  :lol: 

jAo0K3N.jpg

look up Interstella 5555 on youtube it's the anime movie to Discovery, which is my favorite Daft Punk cd

I have to admit I like Daft Punk to. Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger is great and I love "Get Lucky" as well, sounds like it could have been on Michael Jackson's "Off the wall"

The new Daft Punk album, Random Access Memories, is really quite a cool piece of artistic music.  The way they put together the album, by recording / sampling real musicians and assembling the the songs, is really quite amazing, at least in electronic music.

This article does a really good job bringing the album to life.

http://pitchfork.com/features/cover-story/reader/daft-punk/

Yeah I agree. With exception of a few artists (Nerve, Photek, Massive Attack, LTJ Bukem's Logical Progression) I usually don't connect with modern electronic music but they are quite good at what they do and I like them.

Altogether not so into the new record though. The Tron Soundtrack is pretty damn cool. Reminds me of Brian Eno or Vangelis.

DrumsAndBeer":vlsjc2yn said:
Altogether not so into the new record though.
I agree with that, I liked everything they had up until Tron. Just not my cup of tea.

IndySmoker":vlsjc2yn said:
look up Interstella 5555 on youtube it's the anime movie to Discovery, which is my favorite Daft Punk cd
I think that Discovery was probably their best piece of work because of the visuals that Interstella gave the already expressive songs. Every time I hear One More Time, all I can think of is the blue band dancing back and forth on the stage and can't help myself but to dance as well. :lol: