DAMN YOU PERIQUE!!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

billmess

Reaction score
Normally I smoke outside. However, it has been a little chilly outside. So I have been sneaking a few bowls in my basement while the wife is sleeping. It was working perfectly and I had great satisfaction in getting away with something.

Well..... at 2 a.m. I was tucked away in my basement while puffing on some Solani Virgina w/ Perique. About half way into the bowl I hear, "BILL!!!!!! BILL!!!!!" My wife said she woke up with her lungs burning. LOL

DAMN YOU PERIQUE!!!!

Bill

Ha ! :D
Thats too funny.

A few weeks ago, A friend and I got caught too.

We were in a laundry room , each puffing away on some new Virginia i got in , and his wife walked in, LOL, she made it VERY clear that we were standing under a "BIG" sign , that says , " No Smoking" ,as we scurried outside.

LOL, kinda felt like a kid again,,,,

Needless to say, we wont be smoking in there ever again. :roll:

I've been smoking in my garage/workshop for the winter, but my wife has been complaining the smoke is getting in her new truck.....

Try some MM965 - no perique to tattle-tale!

Convinced my roomie to do a little experiment where I could smoke in my room and if it bothered her, I'd stop. So now I'm burning scented candles and only smoking aros when she's home, but during the day it's a VA and latakia bonanza! Hopefully, this will turn out in my favor. 8)

Matriarchy, IMHO, is not such a hot idea. That's the mildest, most non-judgemental way I can put it.

:face:

Yak":e7x9kkrq said:
Matriarchy, IMHO, is not such a hot idea. That's the mildest, most non-judgemental way I can put it.

:face:
Translation: "B*tch, sit yo' a** down and be cool!" Rinse, repeat. :lol:

UberHuberMan":cf8t6u3t said:
Convinced my roomie to do a little experiment where I could smoke in my room and if it bothered her, I'd stop. So now I'm burning scented candles and only smoking aros when she's home, but during the day it's a VA and latakia bonanza! Hopefully, this will turn out in my favor. 8)

Good luck! Try some Lysol Disinfectant Spray as well. It works pretty well.

I'd beg to differ: the co-mingling of Lysol and good tobacco smoke is about as nasty a smell as you'll encounter, and you'll get blamed for it. If you want to minimize the smell of tobacco for your loved ones but don't feel like facing the frozen tundra:

1. Burn a candle: "Smokers Candles" are a bit of a rip off IMHO, most anything will work.
2. Keep the air moving: open a window and have a fan going somewhere in the room. This doesn't mean you have to sit next to an exhaust fan, but I have a floor model that I keep on low and it sure helps.
3. Be considerate of your remains. A couple of dead soldiers in the ashtray smell a lot worse than a good cigar burning. Ditto on pipe shavings and ashes. Remember the old bullet-shaped chrome or metal trash cans you used to see everywhere with the hinged door? They were designed so that if someone inadvertently dropped an ember in them (say by dumping a pipe they thought was finished, perhaps), they'd self-extinguish due to the lack of oxygen. It was a theory, anyway. Get a METAL can with a lid on it that fits snugly (and avoid dumping live ash into it, obviously, or everyone will enjoy smoking outside PDQ).
4. If you're going to spray anything, go to a Pep Boys or Automart and get a can of Ozium Air freshener (aka "The Dope Smoker's friend," or so I've heard). It does a remarkable job of eliminating smoke odors without making the problem worse. I like the "new car" smell but that's because I have a 1999 Honda.