Dan's Salty Dogs at TobaccoPipes

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I have never had it and it came in today.  This is a very dense plug of whole leaf tobacco.  I could probably fit 3 50g Salty Dog plugs in a single tin of SG Cabbies Mixture tin.  Shaved off a few flakes with a very sharp knife and it took some work to rub it out.

Here are the pictures

Took a little effort to light up, kind of like GH Sweet Rum Twist but once you have it lit, it burns fine.   Nice rum topping, not as overt as Black Frigate.  There is some brightness to blend from the Virginia.  Good amount of spice from the perique.   Very pleasant smoke.

They are indeed super dense. A couple of nice shaves and I get a decent bowl rubbed out. A bit potent too.

Ozark Wizard":zg7o1y8t said:
They are indeed super dense. A couple of nice shaves and I get a decent bowl rubbed out. A bit potent too.
You can always easily peel a layer off and cut that up as you please.

Great pics! Glad you are enjoying it. Hopefully it'll be in stock when I make my next order. It sounds amazing.

Jim

huffelpuff":ujm0pxqj said:
Great pics! Glad you are enjoying it. Hopefully it'll be in stock when I make my next order. It sounds amazing.

Jim
It is really yummy! I'll shoot you a sample if you like.

Just order 3 at $17.76 each from 4 Noggins. Of course, no way to tell how many are left....

Real high quality stuff. I grabbed a few from tobaccopipes for 16.99. Glad I did as it’s one to savor. Good balance, lots of flavor. One of those strong Euro blends that aren’t over the top but rather one that sits in the Med-strong 3P’s strength range. Very good, spicy, dark and sweet plug pipe baccy.

You are all such bad influences, ordered two.

Question, and seem silly. By the looks of the picture they come if pouches, are the pouches sealed and ok to leave out or should they be jarred right away?

D.L.Ruth":ti0ro9gi said:

Question, and seem silly. By the looks of the picture they come if pouches, are the pouches sealed and ok to leave out or should they be jarred right away?
The pouches are sealed.

D.L.Ruth":moil25s6 said:

yeah actually the plug is sealed in plastic inside the pouch.