Darn Cold Here

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Puffy

Reaction score
I know that 30 degrees isn't cold to some folks.To us here in the south though it feels as if we're chilled to the bone.The man on tv says it could be that all next week.I lived up north far a lot of years.This makes me wonder how I survived the ordeal.I'm staying inside as much as I can.I've got wood in the fire place,and hoping that the heat stays on.Here's hoping that everyone is snug and warm with plenty of good tobacco.

HD, I hear you, I'm in Camillus and its about 15 DEG and we're up to about a foot and a half of snow since last night. Come on spring!

Yeah, I'm not far from Camillus, I'm just outside Buffalo. There wasn't much snow yesterday, just wet packed down stuff from a few days before, but a lot has come down since then.

I'm in the philly suburbs...was cold earlier, about 19 degrees w/ 50mph wind gusts. It is a little more comfortable now though, last I checked the temp was a nice toasty 20 degrees. :D

It's cold here in Eastern Tennessee as well. I spent 25 years in Chicago with the sub zero temps in the winter and I am still cold today here in Tennessee.

Midnight Blues":ioxwuyg3 said:
HD, I hear you, I'm in Camillus and its about 15 DEG and we're up to about a foot and a half of snow since last night. Come on spring!
Handsome Dynamite":ioxwuyg3 said:
Yeah, I'm not far from Camillus, I'm just outside Buffalo. There wasn't much snow yesterday, just wet packed down stuff from a few days before, but a lot has come down since then.
Hello neighbors! 15 degrees here in Syracuse, as well.

dbreazeale":1ni5bl9r said:
Midnight Blues":1ni5bl9r said:
Handsome Dynamite":1ni5bl9r said:
Maybe there's some correlation between pipe smoking and living in cold weather...

Handsome Dynamite":gfq2mz50 said:
dbreazeale":gfq2mz50 said:
Midnight Blues":gfq2mz50 said:
Handsome Dynamite":gfq2mz50 said:
Maybe there's some correlation between pipe smoking and living in cold weather...
This just might be the nucleus of the Central New York Pipe Club! Finally, some brothers that are close by.

Over night low here in the North Georgia mountains, 13 F damned cold for ME :affraid:

It's in the low 30's in Richmond,20's at night.I was reading a Civil War book
last night and thought back on those Confederate soldiers with no shoes and
ragged uniforms going through the winter......tough guys for sure.

Winslow :sunny:

Winslow":o3uqbku4 said:
I was reading a Civil War book
last night and thought back on those Confederate soldiers with no shoes and
ragged uniforms going through the winter......tough guys for sure.

Winslow :sunny:
Amazing what those folks endured back then and in the 18th century during the Revolution.

Midnight Blues":usswjg3o said:
Hey I'm right in Lakeland, just a stones throw across town. Had fun blowing out the driveway today but it Looks like it's going to need it again before work tomorrow. Glad I have a John Deere.

shadrack":p62dd42a said:
Midnight Blues":p62dd42a said:
Hey I'm right in Lakeland, just a stones throw across town. Had fun blowing out the driveway today but it Looks like it's going to need it again before work tomorrow. Glad I have a John Deere.
Hey SR, its crazy, been snowing all day here. I can hardly wait to hit 690 in the morning!

Meh.

Whadda buncha girly men.

CRISPY is zero with a 15-20 mph wind

COLD is 30 below with a breeze, or 45 below without.

How did this country get settled, anyway?