Dating Penzance Tobacco

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grant Gimper

Reaction score
As is usually the case, I am here with a request for your assistance in determining the production date of some Penzance tobacco. I have examined the exterior of an unopened 8 oz. package & can find nothing related to production dates. If you can give me some direction, I will appreciate your support. Have a good day!
Grant

Esoterica does nothing to date their tins or bags. Without someone hand dating it's age on the pack at the time of purchase it's impossible to know how old it actually is. Let this be a lesson to everyone! Buy a sharpie and mark EVERYTHING you cellar. :p

I looked at the bags of Penzance in my cellar. The older ones have a usual clear sticker with the word "Penzance" plus a tan sticker with the words "Esoterica Tobaciana" (sp?). They are more than than 7 years old. The newer ones only have the clear sticker. Other than that, I don't see any differences in the bags.

A brief discussion regarding approximate dating via the different pre-post Butera label scheme can be found here:

https://www.brothersofbriar.com/reviews-f15/esoterica-tobacciana-penzance-t5116-15.htm?highlight=penzance

This will not be either long or involved; instead, just a simp;e "Thank you" the the four responders to my question regarding Penzance dating. As a general rule, I date everything that has to do with tobacco in tins or bags at the time that I receive it. But, that is my dating, not the manufacturers. Thanks again.