Davidoff Flake Medallions

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
More refined than Escudo, D. DeLuxe Navy Rolls and St. James Flake (Gawith).

This is the first I am having them. The balance is spot on and you can really taste all three flavors. Second bowl and I can't believe how good this spiral cut flake is!

Cartaphilus":qk8zlpzi said:
CipsterX":qk8zlpzi said:
Excellent.
Yes they are but, I could do without the Cavendish eye's.
I liked DFM. Didn't mind the cavendish as I recall. But I have failed several times to get through a tin of Mac B's roll cake. So what does that mean?

juanmedusa":39v8rg4f said:
Cartaphilus":39v8rg4f said:
CipsterX":39v8rg4f said:
Excellent.
Yes they are but, I could do without the Cavendish eye's.
I liked DFM. Didn't mind the cavendish as I recall. But I have failed several times to get through a tin of Mac B's roll cake. So what does that mean?
I've never had any Mac B's but, would get some more DFM if it weren't for the price.

I smoked 3 medallions out of a freshly opened tin. Jarred the rest and will try it after it has aged a bit. First impression was that it's a fairly good tobacco but aging will make it great. :) 

AJ

There are a lot of good VA/Periques out there. But Davidoff's version is one of the most notable.

ajn27511":r6olmha9 said:
I smoked 3 medallions out of a freshly opened tin. Jarred the rest and will try it after it has aged a bit. First impression was that it's a fairly good tobacco but aging will make it great. :) 

AJ
This.

I bought a 3-tin deal of the Davidoff Flake Medalions a few years ago and finished up the last of it some months ago.

I very much enjoyed this blend. It was good fresh, but much improved after aging a bit. The quality of this blend is top notch -- the best of any coin, IMO.

DMF are excellent. I enjoy spiral cut flakes and find this one to be a very nice example. I am not a big cavendish fan but the little bit in these flakes is a nice addition.

Sadly, I've not been all that impressed with Davidoff's tobacco products, either their cigars or pipe tobacco. For the $s spent they are some over-priced goods when compared to many others of equivalent quality. Nothing wrong with what they produce, just can't go for the price they are sold for JMHO  :twisted: :twisted: 

Davidoff cigars are certainly pricey, but Davidoff pipe tobacco blends are competitively priced -- tins go for between $10 and $11 at most online vendors. The Davidoff tins are round, so they're well sealed and the DFM ages very well.