Daylight Saving Time

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

George Kaplan

Reaction score
I smell a conspiracy here. Look at it like this: Every spring the government forcibly "borrows" an hour from each of us with NO interest, then gives it back to us in the fall. Those who die in the summer NEVER get that hour back. They've been doing this for decades. What the hell is the government doing with all those extra hours? I demand to know!

The extra hours are allocated to those who are born after the hour removal. Overall, the government may be underwriting it with more births than deaths.

Somehow, it always comes back to the kiwi, doesn't it?
I'd heard it was originally Benjamin Franklin's idea. I'll bet he's the one collecting all those hours, still alive due to all the time he's saved.

George Kaplan":del3ldpi said:
Somehow, it always comes back to the kiwi, doesn't it?
I'd heard it was originally Benjamin Franklin's idea. I'll bet he's the one collecting all those hours, still alive due to all the time he's saved.
He's mentioned in that article, but the DST we use today was the Kiwi's doing.  :twisted: :twisted:

All I know is it leaves me right good and cranky for a solid week! Where the hell is my coffee?  :evil: 

...I'm an early riser(4:30 AM) anyway so one positive aspect is that I have the time to smoke a bowl or two before getting my children up at 5:30 AM...usually takes me a week to settle back into a routine...

I manually set the wife's alarm clock ahead yesterday. It's one of those atomic clocks made in China. The POS set itself back an hour overnight and didn't go off this morning. Fortunately I am up.

Yah, there's some sort of conspiracy at work directed at those of a certain age whose joints are more directed by the laws of inertia: a body at rest tends to stay at rest, a body in motion etcetc. I had to go to the bank this morning and met the manager in the parking lot. "What happened?" he said. "Were you hit by a truck!" No, but my hip and knees strongly prefer to do the same things at the same times every day. Ggggrrrr!!! But I'll be okay by lunchtime, assuming beer is included and the weather warms up.

I live in Africa, and we laugh at you folks who "celebrate" DST.

We'll take our no DST and enjoy it, for our sleep schedules will not be disrupted and our days will not grow shorter or longer.

I greatly prefer DST. I would much rather have the sun still up when I get off of work. In fact I wish it would just stay like this. Getting home from work at 6:00 when it's already dark out is miserable.

APKurt":qc7n4tzj said:
I greatly prefer DST.  I would much rather have the sun still up when I get off of work.  In fact I wish it would just stay like this.  Getting home from work at 6:00 when it's already dark out is miserable.
This is why DST is bad. It truly should not even exist anymore. Many, if not most, parts of the world do not even use it.