Death of a Toyota seat - termites!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sstodvictory

Reaction score
Several years ago I replaced the fabric driver's seat of my Toyota truck with a Recaro seat. I stored the original seat in a cardboard box in my garage. Yesterday I noticed the bottom of the box looked eaten away. I lifted some cotton rags that were on top of the box and - YIKES!! - there were baby termites swarming all around. They were 1/8 to 1/4 inch long.

It looked like they'd stayed close to home so far, so I decided to nip this in the bud fast - and with minimal disturbance to the box. I threw a strap around it and dragged it outside. There were smaller live termites in compacted material under the box. I broke that up and swept everything outside, then doused the box and sweepings with gas and set it afire - twice to be sure. I tell you, this whole incident made my hair crawl. I guess its time to have a termite check done on my house too. This isn't good.

death_of_a_toyota_seat.jpg

I have termites....again at my house, just like 5 years ago. both my neighbors have them and about 4 other neighbors as well. Just had a full treatment done including drilling holes every 12 inches all around the inside of my garage to fully treat all the inside and outside of the foundation. :pale: