Decent Read

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wonder if that was an error --- it would take a long time to smoke 2 ounces, and nearly everyone would be throwing up !

gkhanna74":264nurcr said:
I wonder if that was an error --- it would take a long time to smoke 2 ounces, and nearly everyone would be throwing up !
I think you're right. If you excuse that detail the rest is very coherent. Though I would like to see this collection of pipes that can accommodate 2 ounces! :lol!:

juanmedusa":6465rz2w said:
gkhanna74":6465rz2w said:
I think you're right. If you excuse that detail the rest is very coherent. Though I would like to see this collection of pipes that can accommodate 2 ounces! :lol!:
Even my WDC Jumbo couldn't handle 2 oz..... :affraid:

I have seen a lot of pipes, and I have many large ones. I have yet to see one that can accommodate 2 oz of tobacco

mm, as per the comments above, I believe it unlikely. Still a interesting read though...

A delightful read. Thanks for posting. :)

AJ

Neat story!! My father was a Yaley and they were fond of a bit of exaggeration !! :twisted: :twisted:

Setting aside the 2oz thing, I was a bit confused reading this. Why was everyone getting sick? All they were doing was smoking a single bowl with a two light limit, and presumably sipping to make the bowl last. This felt like it was written by a nonsmoker imagining what a smoking competition might be like. The last few lines confirmed my suspicions.

I agree with you MichaelM---to me, the nausea comments sounded like the tirade of an anti smoker vs an objective reflection of what actually happened

I think it may have been sitting in the smoke filled room that was making some people sick. And they may have been novices at that.

On a side note, I am from new haven myself. I think johnnys pipe shop may have been before my time, but I did notice a new trend of "hipsters" smoking pipes outside the bars around the Yale area last time I was out drinking down there. So maybe pipe smoking is coming back into fashion in Yale again. Considering Yale rules the universe in new haven, that can't be a bad thing for the future overall. Some of these guys will be in govenment someday lol

That's funny! I started smoking to keep my grandfather's memory alive who died at 49. I'm 44 now, so the older I get, the more meaningful the pipe becomes. I love the ritual of it all, the beauty of the wood, the amazing variety of the 'baccy. That said, it has been a rare sight indeed to see a fellow pipe smoker. But of late, I have seen more "hipster" kids (20-30 year olds) smoking some version of a tobacco pipe outside of bars.

While I think it's cool that the younuns are smokin' the pipe weed, I think us older folks make it look distinguished.

I'd rather be distinguished than cool any day of the week! (I'm showing my age, aren't I?)

:D