Deception Pass, let's talk about it.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

juanmedusa

Reaction score
I was gifted a sample of this and enjoyed it. I was going to add my positive thoughts on this new blend but found no thread. I'm not the smoker to start a thread like this. We need to get one of our better reviewers to add their thoughts. But, I would say that this was a good smoke for me. I thought it had a nice smooth fullness that isn't always present in a straight VaPer. I enjoyed the Perique in it both as a taste and a spice at times. Conclusion, look up the description and if it appeals, give it a try. Thanks, to Eklektos.

All I can say is that it's high on my TAD wish list. The J. Lankford SPC blends that I have tried so far are all really good. Nice to see him blend a non-latakia mixture.

aamof I'm enjoying my second bowl of it right now, again thanks to John (eklektos44). Being a VaPer ho, this is like giving candy to a baby!

8)

Cheers,

RR

I'm curious about all the SPC blends, but haven't had the guts to jump yet.......

yet

Ozark Wizard":matkph5r said:
I'm curious about all the SPC blends, but haven't had the guts to jump yet.......

yet

If you like Latakia, try Plum Pudding. If you don't like Latakia, do not try Plum Pudding. :p

This one is on my buy and try short list. I have about a pound of Plum Pudding on hand right now. Good stuff imo.

I like Latakia for the most part. Does SPC sell bulk? Maybe the July TAD I'll see about a sample of Plum Pudding....

Ozark Wizard":wkb8cdrv said:
I like Latakia for the most part. Does SPC sell bulk? Maybe the July TAD I'll see about a sample of Plum Pudding....
Yes, they sell it bulk

DrumsAndBeer":1t4xel1n said:
Ozark Wizard":1t4xel1n said:
Yes, they sell it bulk
Great, just great...... There goes the budget (again)

smirk

I'm not a huger vaper guy but what I've had of it so far, I really like. Can't go wrong in general with SPC blends.

I really enjoy it. I think the perique is not too strong and the virginias play a nice supporting note. The nic content is medium so it won't spin the head. Overall a nice balanced blend. I am not sure if perique nuts will find enough in this one, but for my tastes it is fine. IMO

This and Milan Chartwell are two of my favorites at the moment. The first tin I ordered was gone almost as soon as I got it. They are nice smooth all day tobaccos. The Virginia's are really the stars here with a nice smooth taste of fresh cut hay. The Turkish adds a bit of richness to the blend, with an occasional highlight from the Perique. Great tobacco.

I'm ordering a tin of this on my next order, if for no reason other than Deception Pass is about as close as you can get to my home as you can get. It's a beautiful place.

SkagitSmoke":2ca7bgqg said:
I'm ordering a tin of this on my next order, if for no reason other than Deception Pass is about as close as you can get to my home as you can get. It's a beautiful place.
Lived on Whidbey 65-69. Beautiful place. Probably wouldn't recognize it now though.

SkagitSmoke":fmkscej7 said:
It is indeed. I plan to get a tin of Deception Pass in my next order

Mississippi River has been out for months it seems.

In a recent check, I saw SP had Deception Pass and Potlatch in, so I have a couple tins of each on the way.

Along with enough other stuff to get free shipping, of course. :)