decisions, decisions.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ones a Sav and the other looks to be a Nording so I'd say there both quality pipes.
So I'd say its up to you, which ever YOU like.

The Sav is nice, but the Nording has that flair. I love Nordings, though. Style-wise, I'm of the same school--you have good taste in pipes. 8)

Buy two of them, one for me and one for you. That's my advice.

The Sav is nice, but for me its not even close. I love rustic pipes with a flat plateau, so I go with the Nording.

At the moment i am leaning more toward the nording, but i have one major concern. This pipe is being purchased as a replacement for a pipe the i deemed too big (see trading post) that nording sure looks pretty large, and i dont want to end up with another giant that i wont smoke often. anyone else have that same nording shape and care to comment on its size?

That's a big Nording. It's almost as big as the two Nordings I own that I call my "Monster Nordings." The freehand Bulldog Nording I have is an older one, but is about 1/2" longer and about the same size bowl.

That shape lends itself to bigger pipes for some reason...the Sav you posted ain't much smaller, if at all. I'll post one that might work if the price/size seem to match what you're looking for.

I don't know how much those cost, but my advice is to save your money and keep looking, as it sounds like you're looking for something smaller anyway.

Good. I may have to start counting quarters for that very red Nording then. 8)

I hope they get some in for you...that was the only caveat--the dreaded "OOS."

im expecting to accure some monies from selling my 316EX, and was planning on using that money to buy one from smokingpipes, (they had a few a week ago) but they are sold out now.

the EX is too large from me, but i think the KS would be a good size.

EXs are quite large. I like a good range of size of pipes. As a "sit, hold and smoke" kind of guy, the larger pipes do the job nicely. I doubt I'll have a collection of them--I kind of understand.

You just gotta get what you'll smoke. For example, just traded a full-bent Savinelli Dry I got recently. I don't like full-bent pipes, they don't mesh well with my smoking preference, and usually sends smoke right in my eyes. :pale: :lol:

As I said, though, in my book, ya got good taste in shapes. 8) I just noticed you have a Jirsa--so do I: my one and only blowfish--great pipe. 1/2 bent, nice wide bowl for flakes, smokes a dream. Jirsas are hard to get these days for some reason, but they're cheap.

yeah my jirsa is great! first "nice" pipe i bought actually. i am jealous that you own a blowfish(one of my favorite shapes)... -_- i want.

there is a tobacco shop nearby (same place i got mine) that carries jirsas almost exclusively. they had a good 10 jirsas in their small pipe section. They all appear to be early works too. the J logo on the stem is the old design, and they have some slight cosmetic flaws not found in current jirsa pipes.

i love mine regardless. it smokes wonderfully

Cool. Yeah, pick up another one if your B&M has 'em. Not sure why they're so hard to find. I'm thinking about doing the same.

I got a great deal on my blowfish, it had a very minor spot of damage, so they knocked off $30. :lol: No problem by me. 8)

I probably have an older one, too--I don't know much about 'em except they're swell pipes!