Dennis' Charatan - All's Well That Ends Well Thank Goodness!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skaukatt

Reaction score
Dennis' Charatan - All's Well That Ends Well Thank Goodness!!!

From Dennis:

My dear friends,

Well, this is a first and I am a bit embarrassed about raising an alarm now, but I did not know the following. This is the strangest things to ever happen to me with pipes.

I received a box in the mail today with a POB return address. I opened it and to my utter astonishment, there was the pipe that I thought was stolen. There was a note that said that this person had picked up the pipe to further examine it and to show it to a friend. He got into some conversations and laid the pipe on his table and then forgot about it. He discovered it when he packed up but saw that I had already left the show. He said that he was too embarrassed to tell anyone but his friend so on Monday, 3/14 he packed up the pipe and mailed it to me. I just received it today, Thursday, 3/17. He said in an enclosed note that he wants to remain anonymous to “forgo humiliation and ridicule from others for being an idiot”, his words. I was in such a hurry to catch my plane that I scooped up my pipes and descriptor cards and did not notice the pipe was missing until I got home. You can imagine how stupid I feel about not being fore careful when I pack up my pipes.

I apologize for the inconvenience I put my dear pipe smoking friends to on this matter but if the pipe was truly stolen, I wanted to make it risky for anyone to dispose of the pipe. I want to thank my pipe friends for any effort exerted in my behalf. I have been touched by the support I received from my fellow briar friars. They are a cadre of truly honorable men and women.

Dennis

Dennis Congos
120 Beech Street
Oviedo, FL 32765
407-359-4317
[email protected]