Denver, Colorado

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Charmowitz

Reaction score
Hello gents,

I'm from Denver, with few sojourns elsewhere. I smoked my first pipe in 1999, did that on and off as a lark. I quit smoking cigarettes and drinking in 2004 and needed something to obsess over, so I went whole hog into pipes. Luckily, I moved a few blocks away from Iwan Ries in Chicago and learned all sorts of stuff there, went to the Chicago Pipe Show and everything. Started out loving only latakia, but eventually found a separate but equal love of virginias. I strayed from pipes while returning a few years to my eviler habits, but resumed the briar fixation in 2010.

Edward's pipe shop in Englewood is just about my favorite place to be. I spend as much as, often more than, I can afford on pipes and tobacco and dedicate an inordinate amount of time to thinking about it. Thus my registering in a pipe forum. I'm lucky to have a few good friends who are serious pipe guys as well, but it never hurts to have more pipe folk in one's circle.

I've amassed a healthy collection so far; my 30th pipe will be a Becker strawberry sandblast poker that I'm slowly paying off at Edward's. Favorite tobaccos: Westminster (or any Pease english, really), Three Oaks Syrian, Full Virginia Flake, Solani Silver Flake, and especially McCranie's Red Ribbon.

Greetings from Denver, and glad to make your respective acquaintance.

Welcome aboard, sir. Colorado and Chicago both seem to have quite a few pipe smokers, if membership in this forum is an accurate measure.

Again, pleased to meet you, and will keep my eyes peeled for a gent matching your description next time I'm in Edward's--it's a bit of a commute for me, which is a mercy where my pocketbook is concerned. Oh, to lounge for days, talking trash with Tom and wearing out that tin collection of theirs...Will have to check out Westminster at your recommendation, as that's one I've been considering for a while.

Welcome to the forum! It's great to have you here!

I'd also love to see some pictures of your collection! And especially that Becker strawberry wood poker

Hello,

Welcome to BoB. Hope you will be a contributor as it relates to your smoking experiences. Looking forward to reading your posts to our forum.