devil anse pipe?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ragged claws

Reaction score
I've seen a couple of Devil Anse pipes made by members here. Although those offerings are quite beautiful, I'm wondering if this style of pipe is being made by a commercial pipe maker. I'd like to get one but don't want to spend a lot of money on a custom made pipe since I'm not sure if I would enjoy smoking such a small and unusual pipe.

Kim

Not exactly the same as the Devil Anse pipe but I'd keep a lookout for nosewarmers on eBay, especially if you're okay with estate pipes. I picked up these guys and love them:

2012-03-06_23-40-00_163.jpg

One's a Kriswill and the other is a Ropp and they both smoke great, haven't seen any others this small from these brands but I know nosewarmers pop up on eBay fairly often. Savinelli also makes a Sport line and Peterson an Outdoor line that are of approximately the same size, here's one of the Peterson's:

ods86.jpg

My nosewarmers were around $15-30, both the Peterson and Savinelli's I've seen in those lines are under $100. I don't know if that's in the price range you're looking or if you're looking for a complete match for the nosewarmer Devil Anse was smoking, either way I hope this helps. Nosewarmers are really great and that Devil Anse pipe really made the character for me.

ragged claws":dg03zvjs said:
I've seen a couple of Devil Anse pipes made by members here. Although those offerings are quite beautiful, I'm wondering if this style of pipe is being made by a commercial pipe maker. I'd like to get one but don't want to spend a lot of money on a custom made pipe since I'm not sure if I would enjoy smoking such a small and unusual pipe.

Kim

While they probably don't count as a commercial pipe maker, Boswells makes quite a few. The last time they were posted on their for sale page, there was a note saying that they had more at the shop and to call in. I think they may have made the Devil Anse a regular item.

Thanks for the replies guys. I've decided to have Todd (taharris) make me a Devil Anse. I saw some of his work on his website and it was beautiful. His price for the Devil Anse is certainly reasonable and having a custom made pipe will be a real treat.

Kim

That's going to be one special pipe! I saw the picture of Taharris's Devil Anse pipe and it looks solid, love the forward cant. Plus a bonus of small pipes is they are great out and about pipes, probably why Devil Anse was always smoking it while out and about in the show. I hope you post pictures of it once it arrives. :D

I have a Brebbia Lord that i picked up at the local B&M for around 40-50 bucks. Very similar in style that smokes well for a small pipe.

Just read posts to the end. Forget the Brebbia you'll be much happier with one of Todds pipes i'm sure.