DFW pipe event report July 2015

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stapf

Reaction score
We had a total of between 50 and 75 people show up for the first pipe event at Tobacco Cabana in Cedar Hill TX.  It was a gathering of the pipe clubs with all 3 DFW area clubs represented as well as Austin and Waco.  Local pipe carvers Colin Rigsby, Bob Gilbert, Ryan Alden and Bill Walther, a representative from Lane Tobacco, and Smokin' Holsters were in attendance as well.

Below:  Bill Walther on right.

img_0010.jpg

Below: Bob Gilbert

img_0012.jpg

Below:  Colin Rigsby on right.

img_0013.jpg

Below:  Bill Walther's pipes

img_0014.jpg

Below:  Colin Rigsby and the Dunhill 7 day set he brought to display.

img_0016.jpg

All of the above photos are courtesy Steve Fallon aka Pipestud.

All of the below photos are courtesy my ancient blackberry phone.

Below:  Jim Klipp Owner of Tobacco Cabana on right.

pipe_e10.jpg

Below:  Neil of Smokin' Holsters on left.

pipe_e11.jpg

pipe_e12.jpg

pipe_e13.jpg

I hope to have more pictures soon.

I've never been to a pipe show of any kind, nor have I consorted with groups of committed pipe smokers in a small room. They look harmless, but I don't know. Some seem to have a roguish air about them, especially to someone as delicate and mannerly as I am. Comparison with pics at the post office might allay some of my fears, but I think I'll leave it to braver souls than I to attend these bacchanalia. But thanks for posting.

Richard Burley":b785h0ib said:
I've never been to a pipe show of any kind, nor have I consorted with groups of committed pipe smokers in a small room. They look harmless, but I don't know. Some seem to have a roguish air about them, especially to someone as delicate and mannerly as I am. Comparison with pics at the post office might allay some of my fears, but I think I'll leave it to braver souls than I to attend these bacchanalia. But thanks for posting.
Richard, the mosaic effect is used for a reason. Looks like a good time was had by all, wish I could have been there myself! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

I really wish I could have made it. Still fighting this "cold" which I think was more than that. My entire family is sick, and my coworkers in my area are all sick. It started with one of my coworkers. She had strep and the flu. So... It's been a rough few days. Glad it was a good turn out though. Maybe next year.