Did I miss it?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kaitlyn3837

Reaction score
I don't know if I missed this is a thread somewhere. Is there a list of good B&M's by state on the forum? If not, it would be great if we could make one! But only add stores that one of has been too and can vouch that it has pipes, pipe tobacco, and/or you can smoke pipe there.

I have looked for B&M's when I travel and do individual searches by the city/town/etc, but it took quite a bit of searching before my trips. If we had a list by state in a sticky, then we can check out new places when we travel that have already been vouched for by another member. And we can add a note like *Pipes, pipe tobacco, and smoking space* or *Pipes only*. This would also allow us to support B&Ms.

Just a thought!

Great idea. I second it!

Fallout-Thumbs-Up.jpg

Cheers,

RR

Yeah, I think there's one in Texas...........somewhere :scratch:

Milan Tobacconist. Roanoke, VA. I sometimes take my lunch break and have a smoke there. I'm smoking their Butter Berry right now and I love it. Great folks there too, employees and patrons.

Kaitlyn, I have found that there is usually always 1 real pipe shop in a given area. I'm not talking about the cigar shop that carry a few cheap pipes and a few house blends where the hipsters hang out. I'm talking about the pipe and cigar shop with a good selection of pipes and tin tobacco, that has some dust covered vintage tobacciania inside from years past, where the cigar and pipe smoking curmudgeons gather.

I agree, it would be great to have a sticky listing these hard to find shops. I can name a few right off the top of my head that I have visited recently in several states.

I don't know what it is about Sacramento, but we've got two excellent B&M's. The Briar Patch which has 2 locations and Tobacco Road. The SF Bay Area has a handful as well.

See! We have a few already listed. If a mod wants to start a sticky thread and have the states listed in bold, then as people go to different shops, just post on the thread. Have name, address, phone number, and you can include a website or link if you want to. Then the mod could copy and paste the info straight under whichever state it is in.

I know I work at a B&M, so I am always looking to support them. But I have noticed that the pipe community REALLY enjoys local B&M places and we all enjoy supporting them. Plus, after having been to a couple places on my travels that weren't really up to par, it would be nice to have a directory of sorts that I know at least one of you vouches for.

There are 5 Club Humidors in San Antonio, TX. The one at Huebner and I-10 has a cigar and pipe shop with smoking lounge (Davidoff Lounge) . Al

Kaitlin,
As you work at a B&M, would it be worth asking one or more of the pipe or tobacco reps if they have a list you could copy? Ater all if you're going to be pointing people to their local B&Ms it can hardly harm the reps to let us know where they are, I think you'd be doing them a favour.

alandadp":d843juzr said:
Kaitlin,
As you work at a B&M, would it be worth asking one or more of the pipe or tobacco reps if they have a list you could copy? Ater all if you're going to be pointing people to their local B&Ms it can hardly harm the reps to let us know where they are, I think you'd be doing them a favour.
Very true! I could indeed! I could certainly get a quicklist from one or two of them. I just thought the BOB vouching program would ensure that the shops are quality.

But if we wanted to include a larger quicklist from a rep or two, I could certainly get that!

I like the idea of a list of shops that a Brother has set foot in. With concise description. I would guess that the next step would be to pm an admin about the idea and see what can be done. Who would take responsibility for it and how it should be presented. The easiest thing would to be to start a list in a new thread and edit the first post (the list) with info as you receive it in the remainder of the thread. But I kind of think it would be cool if this became significant enough to become a sticky.

If you're ever in Shropshire there's a great one in Shrewsbury; Adlards, my local B&M. It's been in business since '46 too. ;)

If you're ever in Shropshire there's a great one in Shrewsbury; Adlards, my local B&M. It's been in business since '46 too. ;)

juanmedusa":e3xglruc said:
I like the idea of a list of shops that a Brother has set foot in. With concise description. I would guess that the next step would be to pm an admin about the idea and see what can be done. Who would take responsibility for it and how it should be presented. The easiest thing would to be to start a list in a new thread and edit the first post (the list) with info as you receive it in the remainder of the thread. But I kind of think it would be cool if this became significant enough to become a sticky.
That's a good idea. Do the MODs count as admins? Or are they different?

kaitlyn3837":98krd7lz said:
juanmedusa":98krd7lz said:
That's a good idea. Do the MODs count as admins? Or are they different?
I'm not really sure but I think it would be fine to reach out to a Mod and if has to be an admin they'll tell you. I typed admin but didn't really mean not a Mod. I was thinking of all those helpful folk together.

The owl shop in downtown new haven ct is a better spot than most. Five stars for the bar, and they do carry a small selection of finer tobaccos and a great shop pipes selection.