Did tinned tobacco prices just jump?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

d4klutz

Reaction score
Hey all. Iwent to look at some tinned tobacco on 4noggins last night and saw that the price of the 100g tins appears to have gone up a dollar. I checked on P&C and it seems to be the same. The reason i noticed this is that i was going to order some more christmas cheer 2013 which was 14.** and it was 15.**. P&c still has it at the old price, but almost all the other tins i look at seem to have gone up. Am I just imagining it? I wasnt really keeping track, so i cant say for sure on anything except CC 2013.

I just did a quick spot check of a few tins I order regularly. F&T Cut Blended Plug and Royal Yacht have not gone up anywhere I've ordered it from in the last year. Escudo seems to be about 50 cents more, give or take. From what I can tell, I don't think there have been any across-the-board increases recently.

4 noggins always seems to be a bit more on some things while P&C I won't deal with anymore because of there gouging and poor customer treatment but, needless to say I'm not surprised at there price raise. There are many online tobacco retailers and I shop and do the math.

For the blends/mixtures I smoke regularly, smokingpipes.com has had the most consistant prices and most are LESS than 4Noggins or P&C. And I've not seen much if any increase from them recently. Shop around and go with the best deal. It's called a free market  :twisted: :twisted: 

LordTemplar":4hdc85nn said:
Hey Cart, can you tell me what tobacco sites are good ones?
Well, to be truthful I'm not one to kiss and tell but, as Micheal (Monbla) stated Smokingpipes.com is a good place to start.

Thanks for the replies. I wasnt sure if i was imagining things or not. Ive ordered twice from P&C and have not been impressed. 4noggings is a great store to shop at. Ill have to give smokingpipes.com a try.

Smoking pipes is typically good on their prices. 4noggins is good service and always nice to get a BoB discount with them.

I've had orders ready to go at 4noggins quite a few times, but it seems as though every time I finally get around to placing it, something has gone out of stock. I've heard nothing but good things about their customer service though. I typically buy from smokingpipes and P&C. I too have had issues with P&C, I could go into detail, but it would just get my feathers ruffled again. Unfortunately, I am a huge fan of Russ Ouellette, and haven't quite gotten to the point where I'm willing to cut off my nose to spite my face just yet. So as long as there are certain blends of his I can only get from there, they will keep getting my business. I did have occasion during a livingsocial deal to make a purchase through BnB tobacco. They don't have a very large selection, but the shipping was top notch, and if the price is as right as it was then, I wouldn't hesitate to throw some more business their way.

Smoking Pipes gets most of my etail purchases. I do order John Patton's stuff from 4Noggins. Stormfront is a great smoke.

Like many posted here, I too shop around.  I may pay a bit more if I really want something, e.g., for proprietary blends, or for something that's available at one vendor but hard to find elsewhere.

One factor important to consider is getting free shipping where available, so I amass items to meet the free shipping threshold.  Then there's promotions and sales -- "buy 2, get one free," "20% off," etc.  Also, 4 Noggins offers a 10% discount to BoB members so I factor that in as well.

I have had no trouble with P & C and I will continue to buy their goods; after I check 4Higgins and Smokingpipes.com. I will also keep an eye out for suggestions on strong tobacco.

LordTemplar":dd2z20qk said:
I have had no trouble with P & C and I will continue to buy their goods; after I check 4Higgins and Smokingpipes.com.  I will also keep an eye out for suggestions on strong tobacco.
What exactly do you define as a "strong tobacco"? Lot's of Nicotene? Sharp strong taste? Heavy aroma? that's such a general definition without some particulars to go with it. I smoke Dunhill's Royal Yacht, a blend/mixture of straight Va's which has a heavy Lady 'N' hit to it and some might consider "strong". A bit more particulars as to what constitutes a "strong" tobacco would help others be able to give you some suggestions  :twisted:

I enjoy Latkia blends with plenty of nicotine. I have been wanting to try Frog Morton Across the Pond and I have an order of C&D 's da Vinci coming. I also like aromatics, especially cherry.

LordTemplar":sdz3y5vo said:
I enjoy Latkia blends with plenty of nicotine.  I have been wanting to try Frog Morton Across the Pond and I have an order of C&D 's da Vinci coming.  I also like aromatics, especially cherry.
FMAP and da Vinci's are some nice medium level English type blends. If you want something fuller with more nic try some L.J.Peretti's Royal Blend. LOT'S of Latakia and Orientals and it's the closest you'll get to that classic Balkan BS 759 made today !!  :twisted: :twisted: 

IMO, Latakia and strong/high nicotine are an oxymoron. Latakia is not high in nic.

Try Ten Russians -- that should work for you  ;)