Dipping pipe tobacco?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oxman

Reaction score
I am a regular pipe smoker and snus user but the other day I found myself out and about with no pipe and no snus, but I did find a pouch of tobacco in a jacket pocket. The tobacco is loose broken flakes of Best Brown Flake. I opened the pouch and took a sniff .... mmm - promising, I wonder what a piece of flake tucked in my lip would be like? ...... well I can tell you it was actually VERY good, providing a great smoky flavour and a lovely nic hit!

Does anyone else do this? - what tobacco do you use?

I tried Peter Stokkeye Luxury Navy Flake and Gawith Hoggarth & Co Dark Flake Scented.. Didn't think much of it personally but I am interested in seeing what you come up with.

I've done it with aromatics in my early days of pipe smoking with somewhat distasteful results. More recently I've done it with cigars, which will give me a nicotine SLAM! But I am unusually sensitive to chewing/snuff tobaccos, for some reason. But no, I have never tried a quality pipe tobacco. Seems like it would work quite well, just as you say.

I chewed a bit of Brown Pigtail last year, after getting some in a split order with Kyle and some others.. I gotta say, I enjoyed it quite a bit. It did pack a wallop, but I could definitely see its appeal as a chewing tobacco, and afterall that is the purpose of its design.

I'm a big fan of Copenhagen snuff, and have tried with Full Virginia Flake, while still soaking wet, but the result was somewhat mediocre.