Disappointed :(

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Doc Manhattan":8d66csfw said:
I'm sorry the fates conspired against you, brother.

It really speaks to what a stand-up guy you are that A. you recognize upfront that priority #1 is providing for your family and B. in the time that you you do have, you're still bound and determined to make your pipemaking dreams work.

No excuses, no entitlement, no whinging--that's the kind of person I want to do business with. All the best for the future, man.
Doc nailed it. It's obvious that the higher authorities decided that your family needed you more than the pipe show.You were able to see that circumstances pointed to the necessity of staying home and you did what any man with a family that he's devoted to would do. Self sacrifice is a requirement of the head of the family. I agree with Doc, you're the kind of man I want to do business with.

AJ

That sucks! Keep on pushing! I'm in the same boat as you, although my boat needs to get all the way from Cape Town to a show!

B&B,

I totally feel you, man. It's tough to find time to make pipes with only a full time job and a girlfriend. With three kids... whoo boy. I can barely imagine.

It's great that you recognized when to take the guidance that the universe was pretty clearly offering you and stayed home.

I really admire your tenacity. Keep going and keep your head up. This all takes a lot of time and missing one show will not make or break you, IMO.

Thanks again guys, you all are such a great brotherhood to be a part of and I really do appreciate your support, as well as the support you lend to each other. Cheers brothers and sisters!

B&B, your pipes have always been a stand out when you've listed them here. Missing one show should not dampen your enthusiasm.

There's always another show, and in the meantime please continue to offer them on BoB. One of them will eventually speak to me.

Cheers,

RR

Sorry about that. I can't imagine the disappointment. Think of it this way...maybe that would have been the car ride that you would have nodded off and run into a tree...

I say that kind of jest, and kind of seriously. You never know why things work out the way they do.

Maybe next time will be even better.

Don't get too downhearted.

Brian.