Do you have one, single best favourite pipe?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KevinP

Reaction score
Or do you have many favourite pipes, without one clear winner?

I don't. Too many great pipes for there to be one favourite.

One, single best favourite pipe ? Sure !

Six or seven of them take turns wearing the crown :lol!:

:face:

Ditto what Yak said! Though I do have one of my dad's pipes that has a lot of sentimental value.

Jim

I do. This one is still my favorite.
Many of y'all have seen it before.
FH01134MainF.jpg

Add that, since their stems have all been (when necessary) upgraded (vulcanite with substandard airways replaced by lucite with proper dimensions for their bores), there is no (as in, Zero) correlation between how much they originally cost and the degree of all-around satisfaction and contentment they provide. With one exception, age and shape(s) are their only common denominator(s).

Three are "names" (Loewe, Charatan & Castello) ; the others, anywhere from blue collars (Peterson, Parker) to no-names (Bewlay, Made in Denmark).

A word to the wise : girlfriends and wives involve different parameters. Girlfriends come, have their moments, and go again. In the long run, while entertaining, beyond a certain point, they're a waste of time. And money.

As the G-rated version of an Amish proverb puts it :

"Kissing" don't last. Good cooking does."

FWIW

:face:

Pipes are like children. You're not allowed to show favoritism. I love them all!

A Baki meerschaum received from a brother this past secret Santa is a hands down favorite here, both for the sentiment and the smoking quality

Just like with women, I appreciate the beauty of the lines, shapes, and feel of all my pipes. Hard to show favoritism consistently. I get bored easily.

:farao:

I do have a favorite. It's not my most expensive, nor my most smoked, but it's my favorite.

@Mike: I'm surprised about your big Mario Grandi pipe comment. Big pipes grow on you. I can tell you are a clencher by your posted pipes all with bit cushions like mine. A big pipe strengthens your jaw and extends the length of your smokes. My jaw is as tight as a pit bull's. I now always gravitate to my largest bowls. Penzance especially in a large bowl is good for hours. Let me know if you ever want to get rid of any other large Mario's.

Yup, it's a Ser Jac coral dot billiard. Not my biggest, most expensive, or prettiest, but it's a great pipe, I just worry I'll burn it out eventually.

And LIPIPES is right, big pipes grow on you. :) Most people don't appreciate a nice piece of briar in any case, but then again, I'm not most people.

Good to see ya Tim. Looks like you are enjoying a great bowl.

My favorite is my Sasquatch...hands down. It is everything I like in a pipe...after all I got to spec it out just the way I wanted to...and it is a GREAT smoker, feels great in my hand. I wish I had 2 because I want to smoke it all the time.