Do you have Prince Albert in a can?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Handsome Dynamite

Reaction score
We all know the joke, so here's what my father's answer was when he tried the joke. He was about eleven, making the year the early 60s. He called up an appropriate store, and proposed the questions, "Do you have Prince Albert in a can?"
The store clerk, a then middle aged woman replied, "No. We let him out years ago!" and hung up the phone.
Needless to say, my dad was crushed.

:lol: I remember back when I was 8 or 9 (early 1970's), I was listening to some local top 40 radio station and they did one of those "The 10th caller wins this record" things. I wasn't supposed to use the phone, but mom was outside so I run to the phone and dial and to my amazement the guy on the other ends says "You're caller 10, congratulations! You just won Stevie Wonders new album".

I said " I am? Wow! Thanks!!" and I hung up the phone and raced down the hallway to tell my brother.

About halfway down the hall I stop dead in my tracks from the realization that I had just hung up on the guy without giving my name or anything :lol: I was crushed, but too embarrassed to call back :lol:

:lol!: :lol!: :lol!:

I played that joke many times on unsuspecting merchants when I was a kid but never got that reply!

Brilliant! In a simple kind of way. :D