does any body know how to use natural bee wax for bowel?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dr pipe

Reaction score
I buy some natural bee wax for shining my bariars pipe but it's very hard and seem I can't use it proper, does any body know what i do?(perhaps I must heat or warm it?),please help me .

I don't know how much of a shine beeswax will impart. My experience is that it yields more of a satin or semi-gloss finish. Also, I expect a briar with beeswax would be be fairly sticky to the touch unless it were polished off with a cloth or whatever. Carnauba wax, usually the preferred wax for briars, is very hard, which is great for a protective finish, but it needs to be applied with a buffing wheel and polished off with same. FWIW, I think dave from Walker Briar Works still sells his carnauba wax/polisher, but I've no idea what the cost would be to ship to Iran. Cool stuff tho, it's carnauba wax combined with some sort solvent into a soft paste. What you do is wipe on to your pipe, briar and/or stem, and the solvent evaporates off, leaving a fairly hard carnauba wax that can be finished with a polish from a soft cloth...all by hand.

If you go with the beeswax then you could try applying it to the briar after a smoke when the wood is still warm or try melting some beeswax in a double boiler and adding a bit of oil, like olive oil, and the resulting blend should be much softer at normal room temeratures. I even read somewhere of recycling empty chapstick tubes by filling them with the beeswax-n-oil mixture and allowing it to cool, then just work the stuff onto your pipe when its warm. I'm pretty sure the latter was applied to a meerschaum pipe, but the choice is yours!

The Paragon and Halcyon II products also seem to work well, if you choose to go that route. Good luck friend.

Here's a link to the Walker Briar Works site...great source for cobs as well:
http://www.walkerbriarworks.com/html/stem_restore_kit.html

Or you could take the sloth's approach -- The furnitufe polish used in your home is probably carnuba based. (check label) Otherwise, ignore the wax and note carefully where the significant other places the polishing cloth used after application of wax. Use this cloth to polish up your pipes. A plus of this approach is that it won't fill up stampings and it works on the bowls of blasts.

Don't know how it would work on bowels :) I'd stock with roughage.

You are most welcome Doc. Please let us know how your project turns out...inquiring minds need to know! :D

Slartibartfast":sg7haxvd said:
You are most welcome Doc. Please let us know how your project turns out...inquiring minds need to know! :D
thank my freinds, lastly I do it with success buy result was very poor, it's any influence in quality and quantity of briar shining, nothing except bugger .thank again.