Does anyone dress you?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just my tailor from time to time...

tailor10.jpg
" />

I thank God everyday I don't need help getting dressed :cheers::cheers::cheers:

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

You know Stick, that thought crossed my mind too...

Disturbing, to say the least. Otherwise, yes, that is often a question whilst the tailor is adjusting things....

Ozark Wizard":wbisccgm said:
You know Stick, that thought crossed my mind too...

Disturbing, to say the least. Otherwise, yes, that is often a question whilst the tailor is adjusting things....
:lol!:

I could have continued but decided to exercise a level of restraint that a Zen Master would have been proud of.

Bub":itncen89 said:
..... was wondering if anyone helps you get dressed. I find it is a struggle and often wish that help was available.....
My wife puts my socks and shoes on for me when my hip is really playing up - does that count? :D

Adam

alandadp":liicxjmj said:
Bub":liicxjmj said:
..... was wondering if anyone helps you get dressed. I find it is a struggle and often wish that help was available.....
My wife puts my socks and shoes on for me when my hip is really playing up - does that count? :D

Adam
Yes, if that's all you're wearing.

Better weather for that might be in six months. But hey, if you were to sport a Dickie it might stave off a chest cold....

:twisted:

It is plainly obvious that I dress myself. The only time I ever looked good was on my wedding day. And that get-up was rented.

Nope. I know a few guys whose wives buy their clothes and choose what they will wear for public occasions. The funny thing is, these guys all look either over-coordinated or else like Mommy's Little Man."

I am pretty self-sufficient even getting vested for services. Some clergy will have everything laid out for them by the altar guild and then have someone to get the chasuble facing the right way, stole straight, etc.

I entrust my high level of fashion to mssrs. Carhartt and Hanes and my footwear to the venerable house of Redwing.

Not since I was about 4 years old. Others have tried (women) and I can't say much for their taste in clothing.
If I left it up to them I'd look like something on it's way to a Dude Ranch. :fpalm:

Ozark Wizard":8auif2bm said:
Better weather for that might be in six months. But hey, if you were to sport a Dickie it might stave off a chest cold....

:twisted:
Well, not seen one of those before Wiz.

Do you wear it or surf it?

Back in the day, when a not so well to do gent would go out in full dress, it was common for one to don one of these to cover a not so presentable shirt underneath. Some were adorned with buttons, ties, etc. It was a 'false front' that went under your coat and made you look more presentable. Laurel and Hardy used to wear them quite a bit in their flicks, and would have the Dickie curl upwards when they spied a hot skirt that made their blood pressure rise. (Nudge nudge, know what I mean?)

Frequently seen in WW II pre movie tone cartoons...

There are more current ones still being sold, but they tend to be more faux turtlenecks

Ozark Wizard":j2h1537d said:
Back in the day, when a not so well to do gent would go out in full dress, it was common for one to don one of these to cover a not so presentable shirt underneath. Some were adorned with buttons, ties, etc. It was a 'false front' that went under your coat and made you look more presentable. Laurel and Hardy used to wear them quite a bit in their flicks, and would have the Dickie curl upwards when they spied a hot skirt that made their blood pressure rise. (Nudge nudge, know what I mean?)

Frequently seen in WW II pre movie tone cartoons...

I remember seeing those a lot, even in cartoons, there was usually a buttonhole to button to your trousers on some of them to hold them down and keep them from curling up like the ones on the bottom of this ad.

_310.jpg

I remember Dickies from back in the early-mid 60's. Had one or two myself which Mom bought me, but hated them since I also hated turtlenecks. Never liked pulling that over my head and the close feel around my neck, and still don't! Never thought turtlenecks were cool back in the day either!

:no:

Cheers?

RR