Does this bring back any memories?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It sure does. But then it reminds me of how much I hate harriers and their pilots.

christeaux":x6ithj0b said:
It sure does. But then it reminds me of how much I hate harriers and their pilots.
I can't help but wonder why a 21 year old would hate harriers and their pilots...

christeaux":ybc2b2di said:
Uhm... why? They're amazing feats of engineering and the men and women who fly them are well trained and extremely gifted in their abilities. Why you gotta hate, man?

I was remembering a commercial flight and just being happy to be here.

UberHuberMan":1o3k9vgo said:
christeaux":1o3k9vgo said:
Uhm... why? They're amazing feats of engineering and the men and women who fly them are well trained and extremely gifted in their abilities. Why you gotta hate, man?
Perhaps it's that good, jealous "I wish I could do that" kind of hate. "Pimpin' ain't easy, but anyone can hate." :lol:

8)

I hate harriers because I have to work on their life support equipment and I have to hear them fly over constantly. I did think they were awesome prior to all of this though.

Ahh. It all makes sense now. The thrill of working on cool stuff has worn off.

Bub":erm81gmn said:
I was remembering a commercial flight and just being happy to be here.
Yea. I was remembering the view out the front window as my plane came over the fence sideways. Knowing when to kick it over straight is an art. Lots of light plane pilots are terrified of crosswind landings. I bet commercial pilots wouldn't list it as a favourite part of the flight either. I'm not terrified, just very, very alert.

One of those planes in the video landed sideways. The one that overshot first try. Notice how it shot across the runway before the pilot caught it. Those passengers would have felt that landing!

dougc wrote:
Yea. I was remembering the view out the front window as my plane came over the fence sideways.
Mine was up and down. I thought that we were going to smash into the ground