Don Carlos ever seen one like it?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello -

New member here. I joined after having done some searching for info about Don Carlos pipes, and came across this forum, and your post. The pipe you have here is called a Melos. I know it well, as it one I have lusted after for years. A beautful pipe, from my favorite carver, Bruto Sordino. You did a great job restoring it.

So yeah, I joined just so I could answer your post. But it seems like a nice place, I may stick around!  :D 

Bondoman":hje8o8i1 said:
Hello -

New member here. I joined after having done some searching for info about Don Carlos pipes, and came across this forum, and your post. The pipe you have here is called a Melos. I know it well, as it one I have lusted after for years. A beautful pipe, from my favorite carver, Bruto Sordino. You did a great job restoring it.

So yeah, I joined just so I could answer your post. But it seems like a nice place, I may stick around!  :D 
Thank you sir
Since then I have seen several of these, mostly with a bit darker stain. And I can see why you have lusted for it, its my favorite Don Carlos to date.

And thank you also John.

I'd just like to recognise the sterling efforts of the horses. They feature in every one of your restoration photos and never seem to get a mention, so, 'well done chaps'.

Oh, and that's a rather splendid looking pipe too Sir.  ;) 

Stick":dt5t7gxv said:
I'd just like to recognise the sterling efforts of the horses.  They feature in every one of your restoration photos and never seem to get a mention, so, 'well done chaps'.

Oh, and that's a rather splendid looking pipe too Sir.    ;) 
Thank you Stick, I'll make sure I tell them when I go to brush them down.

That's a Don Carlos Melos. I had one of those. Great smoking and looking pipe. Wish I never sold it.

Yes it does, sadly its the only Don Carlos I have left after selling off the bulk of my collection. :(