Don't know where I'm going, but I'm here.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jordies

Reaction score
Wooooo wee.

I've been frequenting this site for the past couple of years, yet have never gotten around to signing up.
I am now 25. I have been interested in pipes and tobacco since I was about 13 or 14. My father used to smoke his pipes while working on croquet mallets out in our garage. All of his pipes were knock around pipes. It wasn't unusual for there to be specks of epoxy littered around his beaten briars. He only smoked Balkan Sobranie, the original mixture I suppose. I don't recall what the container looked like for he always transferred it to a copper tobac humidor.
Anyway, I would always fixate on his pipes, tampers, and tobacco. After much begging and pleading he would occasionally allow me to load his pipes for him. I recall cramming as much tobacco as I physically could into the chamber with the hope that he would have to smoke it that much longer. Didn't work, nope.
My grandfather also smoked pipes for years and years. He started smoking cigars around the time that I was born. He stashed all of his burnt-out old pipes in a drawer of an antique wooden hardware chest. I would spend hours drooling over these pieces of charcoal.
By the time I was 15, my father had also moved on to smoking cigars. His pipes were mine. Some of his pipes were pretty nice still, especially a really nice Savinelli full bent. He also had a really nice Andrew Marks. It slipped through my butterfingers when I was about 9, busted in two right next to his drill press. As I mentioned, my father no longer smokes pipe. However, two years ago, I sent the pieces of this broken pipe back to Andrew Marks, and he duplicated the pipe for me. Merry Christmas Pops.
My grandfather allowed me to take two of his pipes, both bulldogs. One was a Savinelli, and the other was marked Old Pal. Out of all of his pipes, about 20, these had the nicest grain, and were smoked the least. They are both in the hands of George Dibos at www.precisionpiperepair.com. Very exciting.
As of late, I have successfully spent the majority of my spendable US currency on bike components and tobacco. With the rest of my spendable $ (loans = bad) I will be attending graduate school, and earning a wilderness EMT certification.

Sooo... Don't know where I'm going, but I'm here.

Welcome to the group. My only familial memories of smoking are of cigs and cigars...my loss.

Keep posting!

Buddy

Welcome to BoB! I don't know where I'm going either, still just muddling along. :shock: